Chapter 11

While we were talking Virginia brought up her family and I went completely silent. "Hey, are you okay?" Virginia asked. "Yeah, it's just, with me, I have been living with my foster family my whole life. I've been living with my foster family ever since I was a baby. The reason why is because my mom and dad both witnessed a crime. And I guess that they called the cops and the witnesses protection agency and they both got moved there after witnessing a crime." I said. "What crimes did they witness?" Joe said. "My mom witnessed a home invasion and my dad witnessed a bank robbery." I said. "Wow, it sounds to me like you had a hard knock life." Virginia said.

"It wasn't really all that bad. It might sound like I had a hard knock life but it really wasn't a hard knock life." I said. "Really? I heard that some foster parents mistreat their foster kids." Virginia said. "Well, my foster family never mistreated me." I said. "That must have been nice." Joe said. "Yeah, but if it looked like I was having a rough time with stuff my foster parents would be the first ones to know what was going on and they would help me." I said. "What about your foster sister?" Joe said. "She would be the second one to find out, and she would be the one to help me if my foster parents couldn't help." I said. "So, you've been living with your foster family for years?" Virginia asked. "Yeah, I've been living with them for about 15 years." I said. They have no idea what it's like to live with a foster family. They only heard what people wanted them to hear about foster families. I had to tell them some things about foster families that they didn't hear or didn't know, but only from what I experienced with my foster family. After talking to them at the cafe I went back home. The next day I met with Virginia after school and gave her a gold dino gem. It glowed brightly in her hand. "Why is it glowing?" Virginia asked. "Because it's yours, you didn't choose it, it chose you." I said. "What do you mean by it chose me? Can't it unchoose me?" Virginia asked. "The only way that it can unchoose you, is if you're destroyed." I said. "Okay well for future reference, that's not a great selling point." Virginia said. "Look, I get that you are from a different world than the rest of us but you're gonna have to work with us or Mesagog will take over the world." I said. "As in..." Virginia said. "Return the world to its prehistoric roots." I said. "Oh. Well, I noticed that all of you guys have some kind of power but I don't know which power I have." Virginia said. Before I could say anything about that tyranodrones showed up and the rest of the team came to help us out. During the battle I noticed something strange with Virginia. Her eyes were glowing an abnormal light honey gold color and she dodged every move. That's when I finally realized that her power is precognition. She doesn't have a morpher yet so I went back to Tommy's lab to talk to him. "Hey Dr. Oliver, can we talk?" I asked. "Sure, what's up?" Tommy asked. "Well, remember yesterday, when you gave me a gold dino gem and told me to give it to someone and if it glows, I should tell you?" I asked. "Yeah, what's going on?" Tommy said. "Well, I gave it to Virginia and it glowed when it was in her hand. I was thinking about getting a dino morpher for her." I said. "Sounds like a great idea." Tommy said. The next day I told Virginia to meet me at Tommy's house. I didn't tell her why to keep her morpher a secret. She came to the lab two hours after the school day was over. "Hey. What's up girl?" Virginia asked. "Not much, I have something to give you." I said. "What is it?" Virginia asked. I opened the box that our morphers were in. "A dino morpher. You can use this to become a power ranger." I said. "Just like you and our friends." Virginia said. "Wait, how do you know that we are power rangers?" I asked. "I found that out by watching one of your battles." Virginia said. "Okay, it's just that nobody is supposed to know the identity of the power rangers but I would have told you. I was just waiting for the right time." I said. "Okay, I would've found out either way." Virginia said. "You can't tell anyone that you are a power ranger. But you can tell the others." I said. The next day we got caught in a battle. The monsters name is wolfbane. "We can't let wolfbane win guys." I said. "Let me win? You're letting me win? Face it, you're powerless against me." Wolfbane said. Just then Virginia showed up and knocked Wolfbane and the tyranodrones down. Joe looked up. "Look you guys, up there." Joe said. "Hey, where did she come from?" Wolfbane said. "Another ranger?" George said. "But who's side is she on?" John asked. "Okay, now it's my turn." Virginia said. Then she started to fight the tyranodrones.

"Man, she's incredible." I said. "No kidding." Joe said. "Yeah." Ryan said. "Why haven't we seen her before?" John asked. One of the tyranodrones used some kind of power to send explosions towards her and she dodged them. "Alright, time for a gold rush." Virginia said while using her weapon to take all of the tyranodrones down. "It's time for Wolfbane." Wolfbane said. Virginia got in front of us. "I'll chew you up too." Wolfbane said. Virginia ran towards him. "Hey, be careful!" George said. Virginia fought Wolfbane for a few seconds. "Who is this girl?" John asked. "I don't know, but I'm glad she's here." George said. "Alright, no more fooling around!" Wolfbane said before blasting Virginia. Virginia took him down. Back at Mesagog's lab, "Your plan has failed!" Mesagog said. "It ain't over till the fat monster sings. Now make him grow." Alyssa said. "This better work." Mesagog said. "What do you guys think?" I asked. "It could be another one of Mesagog's tricks. But this girl did save us." Ryan said. "Yeah, let's see if we can find out who she is." John said. Before we could even talk to her Wolfbane grew into a mega version of himself. "That really put the big in big bad wolf." Wolfbane said. "Hey look, she's tackling Wolfbane alone." Joe said. "You're no match for me, puny ranger." Wolfbane said. "Oh yeah? We'll just see about that." Virginia said. Then she pulled out her weapon that she uses under certain circumstances. "I call upon the power of the wolf pack!" Virginia said. She got into her sword and split it up into multiple wolves. "I'll trash your sword like I did theirs." Wolfbane said. "Give it your best shot!" Virginia said. Wolfbane blows up. Virginia walked up to us afterwards. "Who are you and why did you help us?" John asked. "Power down." Virginia said to demorph. "Virginia?" Joe asked. "Hey guys." Virginia said. "We didn't know that you were the gold ranger." George said. "Well actually, I already knew." I said. "What, how did you know?" John asked. "I gave her a gold dino gem and the morpher." I said. "Well, I guess it's time to welcome her to the team." Ryan said. "Yeah." I said. I turned to Virginia. "Virginia, welcome to the dino thunder power rangers team." I said. "Thanks." Virginia said. We all went to the headquarters.