Chapter 4

Tommy walked past us. "Can't they unchoose us?" Ryan asked. "They've already bonded with your DNA. That's what's giving you your powers." Tommy said. "So, if they already bonded with us, how come Mesagog and his creeps are still after them?" John said. "The only way these powers can be taken away is if you're destroyed." Tommy said. "Okay, for future reference that's not a great selling point." John said. "Look, all I know is, I don't remember asking to be a superhero." I said. "The gems wouldn't have bonded to you if you didn't already have something inside you that can handle the power." Tommy said. We picked up the morphers. "So, now what? Do we need some kind of secret password or command?" John asked. "All you have to do is say dino thunder power up and you'll be transformed. You'll know what to do." Tommy said. "Dino thunder. What, did you come up with that?" I asked while looking at George. "I kind of like it." George said. "You would." I said. "Look, I know you five are from different worlds. I get it, but you're gonna have to work together, or this will never happen. This won't be easy, nobody knows that better than I do. But you're gonna have to believe in yourselves, because I believe in you." Tommy said. "Really?" I asked. "Really." Tommy said. Then we went to where the swords are. "That must be them." I said. "Wow, good call Ariel." John said. Then Alyssa showed up. "You'll have to get past me before you get those swords." Alyssa said. "That's the part I'm looking forward to." I said. "You guys ready?" John asked. "Oh yeah." Joe said. "Ready?" I said. "Ready." The rest of them said. "Dino thunder power up!" We all said to morph. "So, you're power rangers." Alyssa said. "Call out your weapons, they're in your belt." Tommy said. "You got it Dr. Oliver." I said. Then we called out our weapons. I got a tyranostaff. Joe got pteragrips. John got a tricerashild. Ryan got a braciostaff. George got a dragosword. Then Alyssa sent some tyranodrones our way. We fought them off. As soon as we regrouped Alyssa used some kind of lazer to blast us. We fell to the ground. "Rangers, combine your weapons." Tommy said. "Right." I said. Then we combined our weapons to make the z-rex blaster. We fired it at Alyssa and it hit her straight on. "You showed me your weapons. Now meet mine." Alyssa said. Then she used some sort of flying vehicle and shot three lazers at us, sending us to the ground again. "Okay, how do we fight that?" Ryan asked. "You've got to tame the swords. Concentrate, your morphers will communicate your thoughts in them." Tommy said. We go over to the swords. "Calm down boy, it's all good." John said. The triceratops sword calmed down. "That right, I'm your friend." John said before the triceratops sword turned blue. Then it was Joe's turn. "We can be friends, right?" Joe said before the pterodactyl sword turned yellow. Then I tamed my sword. "I need you to work with me here." I said before the tyranosauras sword turned red. Then George and Ryan tamed their swords. After tameing all of the swords there was only one thing left to do. "Only one more thing to do. Bring them together. You can do it." Tommy said. Then we went into the swords and combined them. "Your robot is no match for me." Alyssa said before blasting us again. "Now I'm mad." I said. Then Alyssa grabbed the megasword with two cords and zapped us. "Time to head for the endzone." George said. (Football reference) We used the cords to get above the flying vehicle and we used the drill part of the megasword to take it down. The flying vehicle blew up and Alyssa disappeared. Back at Mesagog's lab, "So, Oliver has taught them to become rangers." Mesagog said. "My deepest apology sir. I should have foreseen this development." Alyssa said. "Yes, you should have." Mesagog said before using some of his power that can give anyone who fails him a headache. "Let this be a lesson. I do not take defeat lightly." Mesagog said. The next day at Tommy's lab Tommy combined the dino gems with the morphers and made them into bracelets. He gave them to us. "Keep these bracelets with you at all times. They'll access your morphers when you need them, and you can use these to communicate with me and with each other." Tommy said. "Dr. Oliver, I know you're real smart and a science teacher and everything but this is, I mean how did you..." Joe started when Tommy cut him off. "I'll fill you in, in time." Tommy said. "Speaking of time, you think Mesagog is going to stick around for a while?" John asked. "Unfortunately, they always do." Tommy said. "They?" George said. "I know this is a lot to take in." Tommy said. "That's for sure." John said. "Your lives have just changed in ways you probably couldn't have imagined. But as long as you work together and remember, you're a team. No one can defeat you. No one." Tommy said. We started to walk out when Tommy stopped me. "Ariel, wait." Tommy said. I turned to him. "What is it Dr. Oliver?" I asked. He walked up to me and put a silver ring in my hand.

"You left this here last night

"You left this here last night. But that's kind of what I wanted to talk to you about." Tommy said. "Tommy, there's nothing special about this ring. It's just a normal ring, just like any other ring out there." I said. "It's not just a normal ring. It's very special." Tommy said. "What's so special about this ring?" I asked. "Well, I didn't want to say this in front of the others but you have two other powers." Tommy said. "What are you trying to say?" I asked. "There are two powers in that ring. Whenever you are wearing the ring, you get the powers of a sonic scream that sounds like a pterodactyl when you scream and the power of camouflage." Tommy said. "How did the powers get into the ring?" I asked. "It's a long story. Before you were born your parents Kira and Trent came to talk to me. They were trying to think of a way they can keep you safe, even if they couldn't. I asked them about putting their ranger powers into a ring and they thought it was a good idea. They gave me their gems and I hooked them up to a device that can transfer powers from one object to another." Tommy said. "But I thought it took everything the gems had to destroy Mesagog the last time." I said. "That's what we thought at first. But after six years have gone by ever since the last battle we had against Mesagog Kira and Trent found out that their powers were still in their gems. I'm not sure how the powers got back to the gems." Tommy said. "Okay, so how did you transfer the powers to the ring?" I asked. "After hooking up the gems to one side of the device Kira gave me a ring to hook up to the other side. Then I activated the system to transfer the powers. After that I had your dad test it to make sure that the powers were successfully transferred into the ring." Tommy said. "And, what was the result?" I asked. "The result was that the powers were successfully transferred to the ring. They wanted to wait until you were five years old to give it to you but they never got the chance to." Tommy said. I gave him a confused look. "Wait, what do you mean by that?" I asked. Tommy didn't know how to explain it or how to say it.