Chapter 14

The next day I went over the plan with them. They thought that it was a great plan. The next day we went to go talk to Virginia but when we got there she started to attack us and we fought back. After a while I demorphed in front of her. "Power down." I said to demorph. "Ariel, are you sure you know what you're doing?" Ryan asked. "She has to see us. She has to be in front of the faces of her real friends." I said. "Do not try to deceive me." Virginia said. I took a few steps closer to her and stopped when she ran up to me. She didn't punch me like she was going to. She started to attack me in a different way when I wrapped my arms around her. "Virginia, don't do this, please, it's me, Ariel." I said. "Ariel?" Virginia asked. "Don't listen to her." Mesagog said. "She's starting to remember her. I think it's working guys." George said. "Ariel? What's going on? I don't understand this. I feel like I know you but everything is just fuzzy, I can't remember anything. No! You're a power ranger! You bring evil and destruction wherever you go!" Virginia said. "That's correct, destroy her immediately!" Mesagog said. "Virginia, don't do it!" Joe said before demorphing. "Virginia, Mesagog has tricked you. We're your friends." Joe said. "This has to work." John said. "I hope so. Let's get with it." George said before demorphing with John. "Joe's right. Virginia, we're here to help you." George said. "I don't know why but I feel like you're telling me the truth. Is it possible that everything Mesagog told me about you guys was a lie? I'm so mixed up, I don't know who I can believe." Virginia said. "Try to think of all the things we've been through together." I said. "No!" Virginia said as she broke away from me. "What is wrong with me? I don't understand!" Virginia said as she sank to her knees and hit the ground with her fists. "No! This is not what is supposed to happen!" Mesagog said. "Your brain drain is wearing off my lord." Zeltrax said. "Come on Virginia." I said. "You can't fool me! Don't move rangers." Virginia said as she pulled out a thundermax blaster, pointed it at us, stood up, and walked towards us. "Virginia, I know you're in there." George said. "I don't know what you're talking about." Virginia said. "Come back to us, it's okay." George said as he grabbed the thundermax blaster and lowered it. The brain drain was still wearing off. Virginia started to get a slight headache from the brain drain wearing off. I sent her wolf sword after her and I had it remove the necklace and George gave her true loves kiss. After that the brain drain wore off completely. When I sent her wolf sword at her Mesagog asked her what she was doing and he also told her to destroy us. She turned to face him. "I don't think so Mesagog. You're my enemy and I'm leaving with my friends." Virginia said before we left. We got back to the lab. Later that night at the cafe we were playing a board game called sorry. I noticed that Virginia was sitting by herself so I went over to talk to her. "Hey, we're starting a new game of sorry. Wanna play?" I asked. "After today, I don't feel much like playing." Virginia said. "It wasn't your fault, Mesagog was the one playing the game and using us as the pieces." I said. "But I raised my thundermax saber against you." Virginia said. "And I raised mine against you. Sometimes, we can't avoid putting each other at risk." I said. "But we have to do what's best for the greater good." Virginia said. Joe walked up to us. "Hey, we're starting a new game. Come on." Joe said. "Okay, I'm in." Virginia said. We walked over to the rest of them. "I'm yellow." Virginia said. "Yeah, I think we all agree you're the best one to control that." George said. "Besides Joe." I added. The next day I was training with Virginia. A few days have gone by and Virginia was having a hard time fitting in as a power ranger. I was showing her some combinations of moves and I was helping her practice them. After a while she was getting frustrated. "Ugh, why are some of these so hard?!" Virginia said. "Virginia, calm down. I know that it seems like it's really hard but if you keep on practicing the moves, you will get it, eventually." I said. "Yeah, I guess so." Virginia said. "Okay, let's move onto the next combination. Watch carefully." I said as I showed her the next combination of moves.

I watched her as she did the whole combination and she did it very well. "Nice job Virginia, take a break. You earned it." I said. "Okay." Virginia said. While she was taking her break I called the rest of the team and talked to them about training with Virginia and me tomorrow. They were okay with it. The next day I met with them. Virginia is excited to train with us. We did some weapon training with wooden sticks. Virginia got hit in the upper arm by Joe and I walked up to her. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Of course." Virginia said. "Get into your opponent's head, use your instincts to sense their next move and feel their attack coming." I said. Then I tried to hit Joe, who was behind me but he dodged each hit I tried to get on him. "Wow Joe, that's amazing." Virginia said. I swung the stick around and hit her on her right arm. "Ow!" Virginia said. "Virginia, always keep your guard up." I said. "Virginia, let me ask you this." George said. When she was distracted I hit her on the back. "Hey, that's not fair. You distracted me." Virginia said. I gave her a knowing look. "Okay, I get it. Let me try again. One more time." Virginia said before getting into sparing position with me. I try to hit her again and she jumped into the air and did a flip. When her feet touched the ground again I hit her on the butt. "Now watch this." I said before I started to spar with Joe again. Virginia watched us and when Joe got back up his pants fell down and all of us laughed as he pulled his pants back up. Later that night I was helping Cassandra with cleaning our room. We had to share a room because their house had only two bedrooms. "Are you okay Ariel?" Cassandra said. "Yeah, why?" I said. "Well, you've been coming home kind of late and you've been very quiet lately. What's going on?" Cassandra said. "Nothing." I said. Cassandra gave me a non-convinced look. "Nothing is going on." I said. "Look, I can tell that something is not right." Cassandra said. "It's nothing, just forget about it!" I said before storming out of our room. The next day I got a call from my team to help them with a battle. I can't tell Cassandra anything about this but this time she followed me without me knowing. After the battle we went our separate ways until the next battle. Cassandra walked up to me. "Hey, we need to talk!" Cassandra said. "Were you spying on me?" I asked. "Yeah, why didn't you tell me that you were a power ranger?!" Cassandra said. "You were never supposed to know. I can't believe that you just did that! And now because of you, I don't think that I can continue on this path! Go ahead, tell everyone you know, see if I care!" I said before running away.