Chapter 19

Cassandra and I walked into the living room. "More votes you mean, right?" Cassandra said. "Yeah." I said. "Guess who won last year." Cassandra said. "Who?" I asked. "Virginia won last year." Cassandra said. "Do you think that she can be my campaign manager?" I asked. "Yeah, you should ask her." Cassandra said. The next morning at school I walked up to Virginia while she was at her locker. "Hey Virginia." I said. "Hey." Virginia said. "So, I have something that I want to ask you." I said. "I know what it is, you want me to be your campaign manager." Virginia said. "How did you know?" I asked. "I thought that you could use a little help from a former student body president. So, I decided that I'm going to be your campaign manager." Virginia said. "Cool." I said. "How about this for a campaign slogan, Ariel Fernandez-Ford-Mercer, the best woman for the job." Virginia said. "Sounds good to me." I said. The next day I noticed John fighting some tyranodrones by himself and it looked like he needed some help but when I went over to help him we got into an argument. "I don't need your help." John said. "You're useless, let me handle this before you get hurt!" I said. John scoffed. "You? Right." John said as he turned and started to walk away from me. "Yes me you arrogant airhead. Get back here! How dare you walk away from me when I'm talking! Typical John blockheaded behavior!" I said. "Who's a blockhead?" John asked as he turned to face me. "You are!" I said. "You're out of your mind!" John said. "Can't take the competition?" I asked. "You're no competition for me." John said. "Am I more than you can handle?" I asked. "Go back to the mall." John said. Then I got knocked down and the tyranodrones left and John left. I stood up. "What's his deal? I come to help him and he doesn't want any help." I said to myself. I went to the cafe to hang out with the others. A few days later I'm in a battle with the others but Zeltrax was basically walking away with John's thundermax saber. "Hold it right there Zeltrax!" John said as he started to run over to Zeltrax. "Hey, where do you think you're going pal?" I asked. "Leave this to a professional." John said. "I'll get the saber." I said. Then we bumped into each other. "Way to go Ariel, you blew it again!" John said. "You're the one who messed it up. I would have it by now if you weren't such a stumble bug!" I said. "Why don't you just stay out of this and we'll all be better off!" John said. We got up at each other's faces and Ryan tried to break us up. (Meaning pulling them away from each other.) "Hey, break it up you guys!" Ryan said. Zeltrax turned to face us. "Ridiculous rangers. I think it's time to see what this thing can do." Zeltrax said. Then he used it against us. "Now that's what I call fun." Zeltrax said after we got hit. "He's figured out how to use it. We're gonna have to pull back." George said. We go back to Tommy's lab and talked about what happened. "Zeltrax took my thundermax saber, I could have taken it back if she hadn't got in my way." John said. "You always cause the bad guys to run away." I said. "Oh really, how about you? You always do it too." John said. "Oh, is that what you really think? You always let the bad guys go all the time." I said. "Oh, is that what you really think?" John asked. "Yeah, that's what I really think." I said. Before one of us could say anything else Joe and Virginia cut us off. "Hey guys, knock it off!" Joe and Virginia said. "There's only one solution to this problem. John and Ariel must put aside how they feel about each other right now and work together. I am hesitant to tamper with..." Tommy said before getting cut off by John. "I don't mean to be an asshole Tommy but..." John said before I said something, cutting him off and throwing him under the bus. (If you know what I mean.) "You have to get better at stopping the bad guys. I always stop them, at least for a while." I said. "You know what, I've had enough of you!" John said. "Guys, just do it for the team." Joe said. "I'm only doing it for the rangers." John said. "Me too." I said as we both took the roses. It was weird though. As soon as I brought up the roses to my nose something happened to the roses. "What was I thinking? Ariel, I'm so sorry." John said. "Me too. I said some pretty terrible things, didn't I?" I asked. "I would never do anything to hurt you. You know that, right?" John asked. "Of course I do." I said. A few weeks go by and the day of the election comes. After I gave my speech about why I think I'm the best person for the job John went up to the podium but what he said made me a little surprised. "I know you guys are expecting me to say that I'm the best man for the job but the truth is, the best person for this job is standing right next to me." John said. He looked at me and I smiled at him. Then he looked back at everyone else. "She's addressed all the tough issues and has some great ideas on how to solve problems facing this school. She would make an incredible president, one that I'm proud to vote for. That's why I am, voting for her that is. I think you should all do the same." John said. As they were counting up the votes John and I were talking. "Why did you drop out of the race?" I asked. "Hearing your speech made me realize something. That winning or losing isn't important." John said. "I'm just glad this is almost over." I said as I hugged him. "You're going to be the best school president Ariel." John said. Then Mr. Ceh walked up to the podium. "Attention everybody, attention. I have here, the election results, and the new president of Reefside high school is, Ariel Fernandez-Ford-Mercer." Mr. Ceh said. "Congratulations miss president." Virginia said as she walked up to me. "We did it." I said. Then John walked up to us. "To Ariel, the best person for the job." John said as he gave me some roses. Back at Mesagog's lab Elsa is not happy about what happened. "Oh, my perfect plan, and it's all your fault!" Elsa said. Then Zeltrax walked up to her. "I knew you'd fail. Now who's the baddest?" Zeltrax said. "Not you! You haven't destroyed them yet either!" Elsa said. "Oh thank you for reminding me." Zeltrax said. "Anytime. And another thing. Anything you can do I can do better." Elsa said. Then something covered her mouth. "Finally, someone shut her up." Zeltrax said. Mesagog was the one that shut her up.