Chapter 9

Before I could tell them anything about what that was about the monster grew into a mega version of himself. I looked over at my mom and dad. "Do you think you five can finish this guy?" Trent asked. "Totally." I said. Then the rest of my team morphed into their ranger forms. Then we went into the megasword. The monster blasted us. "Let's give it everything we got!" I said. We went into super dino mode. We used the dino drill at full power to defeat him. We went to the cafe in town. "So, what was that about?" George said. "Let's just say, I had to fight three of my old ranger forms." I said. They were a little confused. I told them the three I had to fight. "So let me get this straight. Three of your old ranger powers came to you?" Joe asked. "And you had to fight them to get your life back?" John asked. Then they all started to talk at the same time. "Guys, I just want to thank you guys from the bottom of my heart, for hanging in there with me through all this. It was tough, but you guys came through. It means a lot to me." I said. "She's right guys, we should be really proud of ourselves." Joe said. John looked at Ryan. "Are you crying?" John asked. "No." Ryan said. "We're just really glad to have you back Ariel." John said. I was happy that I was back with my team. They started to talk to each other. "Good thing I have this team to help me see this through." I said to myself. The next day I was walking around town when I bumped into Alyssa. "Hey, watch where you're going!" Alyssa said. "Sorry, I just..." I began when Alyssa cut me off. "Wait, Ariel? Wow, you look, amazing." Alyssa said. "Save it. I don't want to hear it." I said as I walked away. "Man, what happened to her? This is not the Ariel I remember." Alyssa said when I was out of earshot. (Or so she thought.) "That's right, she's not. Now are you satisfied?" John asked as he came up behind her. Alyssa turned to face him. "What happened to her?" Alyssa asked. "It's none of your business. It's all because of you that she doesn't trust you anymore. She's no longer the weak person you made yourself believe." John said. I walked up behind her. "Do you want to know why I am no longer who I was. Let's just say that after all you put me through, you'd think I'd despise you. But in the end, I wanna thank you." I said. "Why?" Alyssa asked. "Because, you made me that much stronger." I said. "Are you saying that I turned you into a fighter?" Alyssa asked. "That's only part of it." I said. Then John and I walked away.

The next day at school I noticed something was not right with Virginia. She has gotten very quiet and never wants to talk to anyone. She doesn't even want to hang out with her friends. I want to know what is going on with her but I don't know if she'll want to talk to me. I went to my locker to get my stuff before I went home and found a note in my locker. I unfolded the note and read it. This is what it said.
Ariel,
Meet me on the football field after school today. I want to talk to you.
Virginia.
"Wait, Virginia wants to talk to me? That's a first." I said. Then I got a text from her. This is what the text said.
Come alone.
"That's weird. Hopefully nothing bad happens." I said to myself. I got my stuff and headed to the football field. On my way there John stopped me. "Hey Ariel, where are you going?" John asked. "I'm going to the football field to talk to Virginia." I said. "I'm coming with you." John said. "No, don't. She said to come alone." I said. "Are you sure about this?" John asked. "Don't worry, I'll be fine." I said. "Okay, just be careful." John said. "I will, don't worry." I said. Then I went to go talk to Virginia. "Hey Virginia, you wanted to talk?" I said as I walked up to her. "Yeah." Virginia said. "What's up? You've been very quiet lately, and you never want to talk to anyone or hang out with your friends." I said. "I don't have friends anymore. I don't think that I can have any friends." Virginia said. "Virginia, that's not true. Remember back in elementary school when I was the new kid? You weren't sure that you and I could be friends eventhough you were a grade above me. I was in second grade and you were in third grade. We met each other during recess. We became best friends. Moreover, we became kind of like sisters." I said. "Yeah, I remember. I walked up to you and introduced myself to you and you introduced yourself to me, even though you were a little bit shy." Virginia said. "I know that you can make some more friends, you have done it before." I said. "Do you really think that I can make some more friends?" Virginia asked. "Yeah." I said. "Okay." Virginia said. Then we walked away from each other. "That went better than expected." I said to myself. I went to go talk to my teammates and told them how the talk with Virginia went. They were happy that nothing bad happened when I went to go talk to Virginia. "We should keep our guard up." John said. "Oh yeah, you're right. There's no telling what she is up to." I said. A few weeks go by and I haven't seen Virginia at all. Lately we've been running into someone named Zeltrax. After a few battles I was getting pretty sick of meeting him like this. "I'm getting pretty sick of meeting like this. I wish you just tell me what it is you have against me." I said. "Does the name Alyssa Smith mean anything to you?" Zeltrax said. That's when I got a flashback from when we were friends. "Alyssa?" I asked. I have heard of an explosion and I heard that Alyssa was too close to it and was thought to have died. "Alyssa? But you were lost, in that accident." I said after she caused me to fly back into some barrels. "I was doing some research for my dad, when it all went wrong. Mesagog found me and put me back together again. He's a genius with cybernetic reconstruction." Alyssa said. "Oh man. Alyssa." I said. We fought some more. "Genius or not he's the enemy. You shouldn't be fighting for him." I said. "He gave me life, life you stole from me. And now you will repay it with your own." Alyssa said. "Don't do this Alyssa, revenge is never the answer." I said. "It is all that has kept me going." Alyssa said before landing a hit on me that caused me to fly back into some cardboard boxes. "Revenge is mine." Alyssa said.

"My advice is find another hobby." I said. I charged at her and she sent two attacks at me but I deflected them off to either side. "Give it up Zeltrax!" I said. "Never!" Alyssa said. "I hate to do this Alyssa. Thundermax blaster!" I said as I pulled it out and aimed it at her. I shot it and the attack hit her straight on bringing her to the ground. "Had enough?" I asked. She stood up. "I'll be back, I promise you that." Alyssa said before leaving. "Alyssa, man." I said. I told them who it was. "There's no way that could have been Alyssa." Ryan said. The next day I was spying on her.