[ 015 ] GUY/GIRL FRIENDSHIPS

⋆ ⋅ ☆

⋆ ⋅ ☆

Cora and Cesar were seated on Monse's bed, holding each other's hands, barely scraping the surface of a deep conversation about relationships, and what they meant to each other.

"I should have just been upfront with you since the beginning, I mean, I thought I was, but I really wasn't."

"You were communicating how you thought you should and that's okay," Cesar smiled reassuringly as she spoke, cheering on every word that came out of her mouth.

"The truth is, I don't care if I am a small part of your world like if I am just one girl you're hanging out with for right now.  I would be fine with that, because yeah, the heartbreak would absolutely suck and crush me, but as long as I get to have fun with you now, and make memories with you while we're two kids in love, it would still mean the world to me," she sighed, thinking about all the fun they had just over the summer alone.

Cesar grinned, a grin that grew the longer he stared at the woman in front of him.  He was absolutely falling for her more and more with each passing moment and he had no idea how deep in he really was.  "And what if you meant more?"

"More is scary... but I would be honoured to mean something more to you," Cora freed her right hand to push her long hair behind her shoulders swiftly.  "I hope that made sense."

"It did," Cesar said, slowly leaning in.

"Hey," Olivia walked in, holding a fresh new beer in hand, Cora noticed.  She had a hard time hiding her disappointment, as she had been looking forward to a kiss from Cesar all day.

"Hello," Cora replied dryly, her left hand still in Cesar's grasp.  "What doing?"

"Oh..." Olivia's gaze fell to the two's hands and the way Cora's leg was crossed over the other, leaning towards Cesar, the two clearly having a moment.  "I'm sorry, I just had to leave that room.  Jasmine was threatening to show us her 'two-man job' - "

"Oof," Cesar made a face, Cora playfully smacking his cheek with her right hand as he did.

"Seriously, I can cover my eyes!

"Hey," this time Monse walked in.

"And what are you doing?" Cesar asked with a sigh.

Monse stood for a moment with furrowed brows before deciding, "this is my room."

"Did you find Andres?" Cora asked.

"He's here?" Olivia turned to Monse.

Monse groaned.  "Yes, Cora, I saw him in the corner talking to some guys from gym.  I'm really not in the mood to deal with any of this tonight!"

Cora sighed.  "He came with me, he said he wanted to talk to you and clear the air," she offered up.

"Did you come in here just to avoid him?" Cesar asked, holding back a laugh as he most definitely knew the answer.  After all, he had been friends with Monse a great deal of time, they were like the brother and sister of the group since Jamal and (mostly) Ruby were always lowkey highkey sexualizing her.  At least, that's how Cora saw it.

"Pfft.  No...." Monse said, like it should be obvious to them that she was totally playing the situation off as cool.  "Now, scoot.  My feet hurt," she said before plopping down on her bed, and beginning to take her shoes off, probably to switch into something comfier.

"Just so you know," Olivia followed Monse, sitting down on the opposite side of the bed.  "I keep shit private.  I don't gossip.  I'm all about that lock and key."

"No doubt," Cesar said, laying back on the bed, a hand on Cora's back as she decided she had enough of her hair and started pulling it back into a ponytail.

"Honestly, when I first moved here, I definitely thought something had been happening between you and Monse," Olivia said, looking down at Cesar.

Cora turned around to face the brunette, her hands still tangled in her long locks.  "Huh?  Them two?"  Olivia nodded, innocently.  Cora tried to back track and not get so heated.  She meant it with no harm.  "Huh," she shrugged it off, quite literally, turning back around so no one, especially Cesar, could see her face.

"Why do you say that?" Monse took a swing from her beer.

Olivia shrugged.  "I don't know, you guys seem like you'd be together.  Usually guy/girl friendships don't really last for that long without someone catching feelings.

"Using that logic, Andres and Cora would've hooked up by now," Cesar added, raising his eyebrows as Cora turned back around.  She had a look of disgust on her face, much to Cesar's amusement.

"That's disgusting, he's like a brother to me!" Cora smacked Cesar's chest as soon as her rubber band was secured on her head.  This erupted laughs from all of them.

"You'd never get with him?" Olivia asked.  "He's not bad looking."

"Girl if you want him, go get him, with Monse's consent of course," Cora said, laying beside Cesar on her stomach, though the two were halfway off the bed.  But they were having fun, and this was probably the most they had been able to carry on a decent conversation without Ruby's obvious attempts at making passes at Olivia, so she didn't care.

Monse rolled her eyes.  "You can have him, but he sucks.  All men suck."

"Hey!" Cesar said softly, but with the smile on his face, it was obvious he didn't take offence to Monse's statement at all.

"One thing I know about Andres, 'cause remember, I've known him all my life, he will fuck up every chance he gets, because he doesn't have a lot of good guidance or parental figures in his life.  He's got no dad, a workaholic mother, and a knocked up sister.  You do the math.  Now, I don't wanna be in the middle.  But you'll feel a lot better if you guys talk.  Not just him, but you as well.  It'll be like getting a weight off your shoulders."

Monse seemed to sit with that for a while.  "I hate it when you're right."

Cora beamed.  "I know.  But you'll love me for it." 

⋆ ⋅ ☆

[ LOWKEY i don't even hate monse or olivia or nothing but you can't deny there would be all sorts of girl drama if cora was a real character in the show cause girls fight everyday over less 🧍‍♀️

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
1,094 words

PUBLISHED september 22, 2021
EDITED never