[ 003 ] DIABLA'S HERMANA

⋆ ⭑✧*:・゚

. ⋆ ⭑✧*:・゚

The group was momentarily quiet. After Cesar handed them their drinks, he took a step back to stand by Cora. And she was just waiting for someone to say something. 

"And what's she doing here?" the short boy pushed, Monse crossing her arms. "You didn't just let some random freshman in on our spot?"

Okay, maybe not that.

"You know, I have a mouth and the capability to process words and their meaning through my brain," Cora snapped. "I can answer your questions just fine." They all averted their eyes away from the latina girl, Cesar half-heartedly smiling at Cora. She cleared her throat and blinked, sipping her now half-empty soda. "I'm here because I'm a friend of Cesar's and he wanted to introduce me to his other friends," Cora swallowed hard.

"Well hi, I'm Jamal," he stepped forward with his hand outstretched for her to shake, which she did with her right hand. "I remember you, from the uh," he paused, Cora remembering that he walked in on her makeout session with Cesar years prior. "Uh, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, Jamal. And by the way, I'm not a freshman," she added, turning to the shortest boy. 

"I'm Ruby," he put a small smile on his face for Cesar's sake as he shook hands with Cora.

"You're our age?" Monse asked, her lips curled into a scowl, arms still crossed.

Cora nodded. "Some girls hit puberty before others."

Cora had not known Monse, so she had not known Monse was the bear that you don't poke. And to the boys, it was a surprise that she didn't jump at Cora's throat, only took a deep breath in and out before turning around to face the party going on in the backyard. She seemed no longer interested in Cora.

"Take it in," Cesar changed the subject, leading Cora to stand up on a wooden crate so she could see over the fence too. Taking Cesar's hand, she joined the four of them. Once she could peek over the fence, she saw two couples in the middle of the dance floor. 

One was basically having dry sex, heavily making out and touching each other everywhere with their hands. The other was dancing to the music, him twirling her before she landed right in his arms again. He held her tightly and looked down at her like she single-handedly put the stars in the sky.

The second couple was Adam and Lola.

"This is about to be us. This is high school," Cora watched as Cesar narrated his thoughts aloud before the gang all took a sip of their beer, she watched them all impatiently waiting for their reactions, chuckling quietly when Jamal spit his back in the can. They all just ignored her.