[ 012 ] NOT ABOUT ANGELS

⋆ ⭑✧*:・゚

. ⋆ ⭑✧*:・゚

Cesar had snuck in through Cora's window that night, claiming that he was lonely and he missed her. It wasn't odd for Cesar to say such things. Matter of fact, he told Cora things like that all the time. He often described to her what he was feeling on his end of the line and then she would tell him how she was feeling. Most times though, Cora wouldn't say much, other than she liked spending time with Cesar, and that she missed him.

Cora wanted nothing more but to have those summer nights back where all she had to do was turn over on her bed to see Cesar's face. It wasn't just the seasons that were changing, it was the people of Freeridge too.

She didn't have to say a word as she opened the window for Cesar that night. He was the one who spilled first, the brunette nodding along with every word he said. "I get it," was pretty much all she could gather up.

Cesar and Cora sat at the edge of her bed, the boy placing a worrying hand over her knee. "Are you okay, mi amor? You don't seem as cheerful as you usually do."

Cora sighed quietly. "I guess I'm just worried for you," she admitted.

"You have nothing to be worried about," Cesar quickly tried to ease her mind, Cora looking down at the floor as he spoke. "Everything's going to be okay."

For mostly everyone, Cesar didn't bother hiding how his life had quickly gone downhill since joining the gang. He made sure everyone knew it was rough, yet he had no choice. Except when he was talking to Cora, he didn't mind sugarcoating it for her.

"I know, it's just that if something happens, I might not be able to protect you," Cora sat up straight, finally looking Cesar in the eye. It wasn't like her to act so cowardly, especially around her man. But, she was worried.

"You don't need to worry about protecting me, I can protect myself," Cesar grabbed Cora's hands.

She paused for a moment, unsure. Her heart wasn't beating a million miles per hour, and she felt no butterflies in her stomach. For once, she felt one hundred percent safe, secured, and loved by Cesar in a way that wasn't childish or immature.  So, she was sure.

Cora leaned in, pressing her cherry balm covered lips to Cesar's. He didn't hesitate kissing back, having expressed to Cora often about how much he adored how her cherry chapstick tasted. Cora raked her hand through his thick hair, expecting a moan to erupt from his lips as she tugged. He delivered, making Cora smile through their kiss.

It wasn't news that Cora and Cesar liked making out. While everyone knew them to be attached at the hip, it was also common knowledge that they were also attached at the lips three-fourths of the day. But tonight, things would escalate.