[ 013 ] PRETTY EXCITED LAST NIGHT

⋆ ⭑✧*:・゚

. ⋆ ⭑✧*:・゚

"High school dances are the worst," Monse informed Olivia and Cora as they stood in line to grab their lunch.

"Really? Dances in Houston are dope, and great opps to meet dudes," Olivia insisted.

"Take a look around.  Every hot prospect you see today is gonna be sporting wood tonight. It's not pretty.  Or impressive.  Dances are basically sex fests."

"In a bad way?" Olivia asked.

"Ew!" Cora turned to Olivia in disbelief.  "Of course!"

"Yes!" Monse nodded.  "They can expose you," Monse went on.

"How?"

"You can get roofied or pregnant.  And I'm not just talking about getting it in on the dance floor, which happens all the time.  I'm talking about slipping on something suspect on the way to the bathroom, and boom, you're immaculately concepted," Monse ranted.  "Like peeing every time you jump.  That's what happens after you get prego.  Even if you don't keep it."

"Bro, she's not wrong," Cora added.

"Goodbye, romance.  Hello, trauma," Olivia sighed.

"Plus the DJ they hired is some lame hipster from Silver Lake," Monse added.

"Oh yeah, DJ Snigglebottoms?" Cora giggled to herself. "Yeah.  Fire.  More importantly, let's talk about Sylvia and Jesus.  They barely knew each other last year before the fall dance," she said in a singsong voice, letting Monse pick up what she put down.

"Until he basically draped her," Monse finished like Cora knew she would.

"Draped?"

"Yes!" Cora exclaimed.  "You're killing me, girl."

"Dance raped," Monse explained.

"He was all over her," Cora added with a scowl. "Like a prisoner.  He marked her like a piece of property so no other guy would touch her.  Then she had no other option but to date him," she sighed.  The three stopped to stare at the said couple as they were currently making out just outside the cafeteria with their plates in hand.

"Stockholm syndrome," Monse said.  Cora nodded.

"Tonight could be a game changer," Ruby was telling the two other two boys as they swamped to their usual table, placing their lunch trays on the table at the same time as the girls.