[ 000 ] BIRTHDAY GIRL

⋆ ⭑✧*:・゚

. ⋆ ⭑✧*:・゚

     Cora's fourteen birthday was not off to a smooth start.  She had already stubbed her toe twice that morning and lost her homework.  Not to mention, she wasn't on the best terms with her amigo, Andres.  It was the day right after they got into a fight, both parties saying things they didn't mean.

     Cora sighed as she walked out of her room after checking it for the millionth time for her missing paper, adjusting her white tank top.  Despite all her clothes either being handed down from her older sister or thrifted, Cora always seemed to make a banging outfit out of her clothes, and today was no exception.  Today she wore white flip flops to match her shirt and baby pink shorts that showed her tan legs off perfectly.  Her long brown hair was straightened to perfection, not a kink in sight.

     Walking back into her kitchen, she noticed the radio was playing rather loud.  Cora couldn't recognize the song, and she wasn't so sure her sister Lola or her boyfriend Adam did either.  The couple was dancing like a duo of idiots to the song, a little offbeat, but they didn't seem to care.  This occurred most mornings after Adam spent the night at their house.  Cora walked around them, silently gagging but still smiling, and grabbed the bowl of cereal she made before she realized her homework was missing.

     Cora took a seat at the small table that seated four at a time unless you squished in more chairs, and faced the couple dancing their hearts out in front of her.  Adam was twirling Lola around and then dipped her.  Lola's sing-song laugh was heard over the song, then she bent her head back even more so she could see her sister sitting at the table.

     "Buenos dias!" Lola greeted her sister, only to be greeted back with a small wave and a tightlipped smile from the younger girl.  The song had ended, so Adam walked over to turn the radio lower and Lola straightened out her shirt and ran a hand through her tangled chocolate hair.  Lola was beautiful, every guy at the high school always going to extreme measures to grab her attention.  Her hair was shorter than Cora's, but not by much, and she was only a little taller than her.  Lola however, was still five inches shorter than Adam.

     "Need a ride?" Lola asked, walking towards the table Cora stared down at her bowl from.  Cora kept repeatedly softly hitting the bowl with her spoon, happy when she heard the tiny clanking sound.  Cora looked up and nodded.

     "Hey kid, I got you something," Adam said, walking over to the table too.  Cora and Adam had gotten used to each other quickly since Adam and Lola's relationship started quickly.  It wasn't like there was pressure for them to get along, they just did.  And in some weird way, Adam was like a brother to Cora.  She secretly hoped someday he'd be her brother in law.

     "Please say it's my missing essay," Cora whined. 

     "What?" Lola asked.  Adam laughed quietly.  Lola threw him a dirty glare.  Adam stopped laughing.  "You have a missing essay?" Lola turned back to Cora.