[ 002 ] EMPTY PROMISES

⋆ ⭑✧*:・゚

. ⋆ ⭑✧*:・゚

Despite Cesar and Cora trading phone numbers and him promising to call her that summer, he never did. She didn't either. She just never found the interest in calling him. She liked it when the prey came to her, and besides, she had bigger things to worry about.

With every day passing, Lola and Adam got quieter and quieter around her, and Cora knew why; there was talk of her becoming a member of the Santos for real. Many questioned her, she was five foot one and could barely kill a spider, what could she possibly bring to the gang?

But Cora was the younger sister of Lola Valdez, La Diabla. She was the blood of Demonio Resucitado, her father, trusted ally of the Santos' since forever, considering his dad was too an ally. It was code that Cora would be following those same footsteps, much like Lola.

"Cora! Get dressed!" Lola yelled from her room, which she was now sharing with Adam. Cora was sitting in front of the tv in the living room just outside, painting her nails a bright yellow colour.

"Por que?" Cora asked, eyes not moving from her freshly painted nails.

"We're taking you to a party," Adam walked out of Lola's room shirtless. "It's a high school party, but there's no harm in taking you with us."

"We know some people who are going," Lola elaborated as she walked into the room too, pulling a tank top over her head. "Do my boobs look good in this shirt?" she asked, but before Adam could answer, she cut him off. "Trick question! They always do."

"I hope I marry her someday," Adam looked to Cora after Lola went back inside her room, Cora could only smile back at the Latino boy. 

"I hope you do too, now can you go put a shirt on? I'm uncomfortable."

⋆ ⋅ ☆

By some miracle, the trio had gotten ready to go in less than ten minutes total. Cora decided on wearing a bright red summer dress with yellow flowers all over it. It swooped down a little low on her chest, but due to puberty hitting her faster than expected, she had the right body parts to hold it up. She threw on a pair of black flats and brushed her messy and straight hair into a ponytail. She never went anywhere without their signature hoop earrings.

The party wasn't very far from their house, and when they walked upon it, they were instantly greeted with the smell of smoke and the sound of music playing throughout the house. Adam popped the collar of his leather jacket and took Lola's hand in his. "Vamos."

Cora proudly followed them into the house and nodded to some of the people she recognized, like Sad Eyez. Other than that, she didn't know any of the other kids.