23. The Mission Begins (Sexual content)

After another week of training that included hand to hand combat with Yelena, full firearms training with James and a final assessment fight with James, I was declared fit for duty and was officially recruited into the Avengers. 

During that week they tore our house apart and finally found a small listening device that had been introduced into our house through a vent then remote controlled into its hiding place.  It released a nano bot that tapped into the Friday infrastructure so that it could listen and watch from all over the house.  Based on the amount of data still in the nanobot's memory chip it had been there for at least three months.

After further questioning the surviving attacker gave up the names of more people involved.  One of them had been involved in the surveillance of our home.  They found out where we lived by infiltrating a conference of sheriffs.  Our own sheriff, Jason Walker, drunk in the bar after a day of sessions, bragged about having an Avenger family in his jurisdiction.   When the FBI arrested him for compromising national security he was fired outright and a new sheriff, one vetted by Brad Dixon, Avengers security head, was hired. 

Those of us on the mission assumed the persona of a group of Avengers taking a well earned rest in a 5 star resort on a private island,  accessible only by boat.  The advance team, comprised of current military who were seconded to the Avengers, plus several FBI and ATF agents, were chosen based on their abilities to not only provide security but tasks that would normally be performed by hotel staff.  Included was a chef, a sous chef, a chamber maid, an activities coordinator for the children, a bartender, a server, and a sergeant in charge of everything else, including a security team.  When we arrived the Sergeant, an older man in the twilight of his military career, greeted each party in his marine dress whites.

"Sir," said Sergeant Martin, "Mr. Fury has made it very clear that we are here to serve you and your family in any way possible."

"Don't call me sir" protested James, "I was a Sergeant just like you."

"Yes sir, I mean Sergeant Barnes," replied Martin, "Please follow Corporal Chase to your villa."

The villa was luxurious, with the added benefit of the beach being less than 30 feet away.   Everything we needed was there – extra clothing, diapers, toiletries.  The three older children commenced jumping on their beds.

"Who wants to go to the beach?" asked James.  "Let's get our swimsuits on.  Sunscreen first though."

While I supplied sunscreen James put his swim trunks on and took the boys to the beach. I changed into my bikini, dressed the girls and took them out a few minutes later.   As they played in the gentle surf the Bartons joined us on the beach.  Rebecca ran while Alina toddled to Laura and Lila for hugs.  We were soon joined by everyone else and I don't think anyone was acting when they got into the warm water, not with the broad smiles we all had.

At that moment Sergeant Martin announced that the chef wished to prepare for dinner.  If we could come to the patio everyone could make their choices.  Plus the bar was open.  Everyone walked to the patio, ordered food and drinks, including the kids who got Shirley Temples.  Lila Barton, who would have been twenty three if not for the Snap, shyly asked if she could have an alcoholic drink.  Her parents looked at each other and agreed she could try a light beer or a wine spritzer.  She beamed as she took a sip of her spritzer.

The group became aware of a handsome young man waiting to talk to them.  He seemed rather nervous so Clint called him over.

"Do you need something, son?"

"I just wanted to introduce myself sir," stammered the young man. "My name is Ryan Peters, and I'm here to organize activities for the children."

Clint had noticed that Ryan couldn't avoid being distracted by Lila's presence and decided to have some fun.