1.

Casey in the MM.

thanks for waiting. enjoy.

Casey:

"Girl, how much longer? I feel like I'm about to shit my entire heart from my ass." Kaya grumbled as she struggled to finish her set of high knees.

"Come on girl, it's the last set. Stop being a pussy." I giggled as I aimlessly continued the last thirty seconds of my high knees while giggling at my best friend who groaned louder and louder before flipping to the floor once the timer went off.

"You're a fucking robot, bitch. I don't know how you do this every morning. You're sick." Kaya spat causing me to laugh harder between my breathless pants as I stared at my best friend. Kaya and I have known each other for a few years now, both of us meeting at a bar when we were nineteen. She spotted a guy following me out of the bar so she ran toward me and pretended to know me.

We were joined to the hip ever since.

"It's rejuvenating. Keeps my heart pumping."

"You sound like an old lady." Kaya scoffed as she stood and rolled her yoga mat. We were in the middle of our living room, us sharing a small penthouse apartment together in lower manhattan.

"Oh please. You could barely do ten push-ups, but I'm the old lady."

"Yeah. You are. Go get ready before you're late to your first day. You don't want to piss the big-shot billionaire off already." Kaya chuckled as she walked into the kitchen. I followed suit, grabbing my small teapot and pouring the hot liquid into my mug, before pouring some agave inside and mixing it slightly along with some lemon juice.

"I doubt it. Based on her pictures she seems nice."

"Why? Because she's white?" Kaya snorted causing me to roll my eyes.

"Oh shut up. This is one of the greatest publishing companies in the city, Kai. Maybe I can wheel them in with my manuscript." I responded swiftly before sipping my tea.

"Yeah I know, but seriously go get ready. She looks intimidating from the pictures on google."

"She sounded nice over the phone the other day." I shrugged. Amelia White, the CEO of Snow Enterprise which was one of the most famous publishing companies in the country, was described as a tough, ice cold woman who wanted nothing more than success in her company. She was completely self-made, being on countless magazines and even an icon for some women's movements.

She was everything every woman wanted to be.

Amelia had a few books published, but she was mainly known for her contracts with many famous authors. She was extremely successful and talented.

It intimated me considering the closest thing I've gotten to that was having many followers on the app I write on who support me as well as my blog. I have my masters degree in journalism but never used it since I graduated until this moment.

After finishing my tea, I walked upstairs and took a shower before slicking my hair down and tying it down with my silk scarf and going into my bedroom,  getting dressed in a soft green suit with a creme colored top. I slipped on my small gold hoop earrings along with my golden locket and my bracelet. I slipped on my heels, exposing the flower tattoo that sat on the top of my foot and my white colored toes.

I sat down at my vanity and did my makeup, it being light and natural. I carefully glued on my false eyelashes before untying my hair and standing up, smoothing down my suit. I grabbed my white Michael Kors bag and walked downstairs.

"Ouhh, sexyyyy! Go get em, bitch." Kaya exclaimed before slapping me on my ass and handing me my lunchbox.

"I hate you. What are you gonna do today?" I asked as we both walked toward the door.  Kaya smirked, before wiggling her eyebrows.

"It's my day off. You already know what I'm finna do, girl!"

"Masturbate?" I asked as I opened the door.

"Duh. Now bye."

Shit shit shit. I'm going to be fucking late on my first day. She's going to fucking fire me. Fucking shit.

"Hurry up you fùcking bastard!" I screamed out the window of my black Honda Accord as I honked my horn. I was five minutes from being late and have been stuck in traffic for almost twenty. My heart was beating in my chest even though I knew I had nothing to worry about.

I still couldn't help but panic. I didn't want to be late on my first day and give a wrong impression. But considering I lived in New York City, one of the busiest cities in the country, I knew I was assed out as I watched the digital clock turn, 8:59 turning into 9'oclock on the dot.

"Oh FUCK!" I screamed in rage before turning the car wheel and cutting through the next lane, causing everyone to honk and curse out their windows. I ignored them, cutting off different cars and speeding down the hallway.

"You twat! We all have places to be, ya know?!" A hoarse voice mixed with an English accent yelled from behind me. I stuck my middle finger out the window as I raised my music before exiting the highway.

Stupid bitch.

I took a deep breath and smoothed down my vest as I sat at my empty desk and waited for Amelia to walk in. The receptionist said she was running late and to make myself comfortable at my place and I obeyed, placing my framed photos of my parents and Kaya on my desk and slipping my bag into the drawer.

"Sorry I'm late. Some stupid arsehole on the highway caused traffic to back-up more than it needed to be."

The familiar hoarse voice caused my ears to perk up and I swallowed hard as the clicking of heels traveled closer toward me.

"Speaking of the fucking devil."

pls vote and leave comments on what you think so far. thank you 💛