12.

Amelia in the MM.

UNEDITED

Casey:

"Join me for lunch." Amelia stated sternly as she walked past my desk toward the elevator. I looked over at José who just shrugged and I stood, grabbing my purse.

After choking on my coffee from her text message, I decided it was best to actually get some work done. I stayed on my computer, doing what my tasks were for the first half of the day.

Amelia stayed in her office most of the morning. After teasing me with the photo, she got down to business as I expected. But the tone in her voice just now indicated that something was wrong and I wanted to get to the bottom of it.

"You okay?" I asked as we stepped into the elevator, the doors closing. She didn't answer, instead staring at the numbers as they counted down until we got to the first floor.

I followed her to the parking lot, watching as she slipped into the drivers seat. I slipped into the passengers side and she locked the door, before hopping over and straddling my waist.

"I just couldn't wait to do this." She hissed before pressing her lips against mine. I wrapped my arms around her waist as we kissed, her moans turning me on as I sucked on her bottom lip. I kissed her chin before leaning down and kissing her neck, causing her to gasp.

"Bite it." She whispered, causing me to look up at her in shock. Her cheeks turned red but the loudest, sexiest moan came out of her mouth as I nibbled on the skin just above her pulse point. She moved against my thigh as I continued to suck and bite on her skin, before finding her lips again.

"I want you so bad. You don't understand." She moaned against my mouth, her lips leaving hot kisses down my neck before biting on my collar bone.

"You do?" I asked. She nodded, looking up at me as she licked my exposed collarbone before kissing my tattoo, causing me to groan softly.

"Your party is tomorrow, yes?" She asked. I nodded and she smirked.

"Good. Let's go to lunch."

"Did you really make a whole basket of candy just for me? And how did you know white roses were my favorite?" Amelia asked as she cut into her steak. I smirked and rolled my eyes as I bit into my chicken breast.

"Yes I did, and lucky guess. Your last name is white so I was like white roses seem fitting. Now I know they're you're favorite." I responded. Amelia didn't respond, shooting me a look that shot through my entire body.

"No ones ever done anything like that for me before." She whispered. I heard the hurt in her voice and it broke my heart.

"Well..now you have someone that does." I responded as I leaned forward and gripped her hand, causing her to jump slightly. She stared at our joined hands before looking up at me with..innocence? Uncertainty?

What's the deal?

"We should start heading back." She suddenly stated harshly as she pulled her hand away from mine. I blinked rapidly before nodding, watching as she stood abruptly and threw a hundred dollar bill on the table.

"What just happened?" I asked as I scurried after her. She was taking long strides as if she was trying to get away from me and it frustrated me.

"You know..your mood swings are really fùcking concerning. What the fuck just happened?!" I hissed as I grabbed her arm. She tensed up at my grip and I gasped, pulling my hand away from her. She turned around to look at me and I saw tears streaming down her face.

"What happened was I'm scared, okay?! Did you not see what I looked like not even a week ago? All because of a woman I thought loved me. I didn't want to burst into a fùcking anxiety attack in the restaurant to the thought of finally finding someone who can love me the way I need it but me not being able to love them back. That's what! Don't ever grab me like that again, understood?!" She snapped as she pointed in my face.

I nodded, my own tears welling in my eyes as I watched her walk to the drivers side. Through the window I watched her lay her head on the steering wheel, her shoulders shaking as she sobbed. I swallowed my pride and opened the passengers seat, slowly crawling in and shutting the door. She turned her face away from me, but I grabbed her chin and forced her to look at me.

"Listen to me..I don't care how damaged you think you are. I don't care how much you try to push me away. Don't you see that I'm here for you? Huh? If I need to do more than candy I'll fùcking do it. You cannot expect to be okay alone. You do not have to ever be alone again. And I'm not Sheri. I respect your boundaries, I won't grab you again. But I would never intentionally hurt you like she did. We can go as slow as you want but please believe me when I tell you that I want this just as much as you do. Please. Stop trying to push me away." I breathed as I wiped her tears. She had a pout on her face, her chin trembling and her eyes big and sad as she analyzed my face before nodding.

"Yeah?" I asked as I smiled. She nodded, letting out a sob before giving me a watery smile.

"Yeah. Yeah okay."

"And tomorrow you'll be coming to my birthday party as my date. Not my friend, not my boss. My date. Okay, Ms. White?" I asked causing her to giggle as she leaned into my touch. I caressed her face as she held my wrist, leaning in and kissing my palm.

"Okay Ms. Alvarez."