Chapter 1

B E I N G   G O R G E O U S

Copyright © 2010 Stephanie Alvarado All rights reserved.

  No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without the written permission of the author, except where permitted by law.

 Disclaimers: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner.         Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

UPDATED [A/N] 08/13/2015- just a forewarning guys this story has MANY spelling/grammar errors and even sentences that make no sense. Keep in mind this was written when I was 14 & didn't own a computer so I wrote every chapter on my phone, hence the reason it's a bit messy. This story is kept up here in the meantime because you guys keep reading and it will slowly be re-written, thanks for the support guys <3 

P R O L O G U E

The Los Angeles Daily News

"Tuesday night on November 1st, a crash occurred between the times of 5:40 and 6:00. A truck was seen turning the corner and crashing into an unsuspecting car. The driver of the car and the passenger—who was a mother and father of two girls sitting in the backseat were killed on impact. The two five year old girls suffered major concussions and are now being treated in the hospital near their home. Unfortunately the other driver wasn't so lucky; he passed away on the way to the hospital from major gashes on his legs and arms. Now doctors and police are trying to figure how this could have happened."

O N E

"Move fatso!!" yelled the jerk, as he pushed me out of the way.

I sighed as I bent down to retrieve the books that fell off my arms. Surprisingly, another pair of hands suddenly appeared and picked up the rest of my stuff. I stood up slowly and met the eyes of my blue eyed sister. She looked upset, but she wasn't fooling me.

"Who knocked the books out of your hands this time." she said feigning concern. I rolled my eyes, as if Blair Willow cared about anyone but herself. I almost said this out loud but what good would that do?

"No one, I accidently tripped that's all." I muttered softly. My sister scoffed but patted my arm softly. To everyone else this might have been seen as something a sister would do. Comfort you when the bully bothered you, but I knew better. This wasn't just my sister being protective. No, this was a strategic move on her part. She was the popular, nice one, the one who didn't let people on the outside know just how much she hated me.

See the thing about my sister is that she's gorgeous and I'm...not. Blair, with the completely fair and flawless skin- but that's as far as the family resemblance goes- has long straight blonde hair, while I have a dull boring brown color. She's thin like a model and I'm fat to the max. I have apple cheeks while she has the perfect face, if there ever was such a thing. Who could hate a girl with a kind heart like Blair? She had all the guys at Morton High at her feet and the girls worshipped her.

Except me...

"Be more careful next time, okay Avery?" I nodded and watched as she walked away to meet up with her usual group of friends. Her best friend Auden watched me from her locker, a curious look in her eyes. I looked away quickly, she knew more about us than anyone else. Across the hall however was Daniel, our triplet. I sighed, this day was about to get longer, but I wanted to talk to him, even if I knew that I couldn't be seen with him in public. I had nothing to worry about however because he walked past me without even bothering to acknowledge my presence. Although he would never say this to my face, I knew he didn't want to be seen talking to a loser, and I was the epitome of losers.