Chapter 8

sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes.

Chapter 8:

"What are they doing here?" I asked Blair as she offered everyone drinks. She just ignored me and kept talking to the rest of her friends. I noticed Nyx kind of stood off into the side. His piercing blue eye's were looking at me, he held a very unreadable expression on his face. I had forgotten that Nyx hadn't seen me since the day before the accident. His soft black hair graced his forehead. He was wearing a black and grey flanel shit with dark blue jeans. Nyx was still looking at me, my eyes were trapped on his.

"Hi Nyx." I said softly. My feet shuffled forward torwards him. He reached up and softly strocked my cheek. I blushed a little as he cupped it, wonder filled his eyes.

"Avery, what happened to you?" His eyes searched mine, as I tried to think of a way to explain. My mind came up in a blank. Nyx still made me nervous everytime I talked to him. Butterflys filled my stomach as he traced the place were my hidden scar was at.

"I guess, I just changed." I looked away and noticed that Blair and the rest of her friends were in the backyard, Daniel was probably upstairs, leaving me and Nyx alone.

"You look...different, you were so beautiful before." I frowned, I guess I wasnt beautiful now. Nyx realized what he had said.

"I mean your still beautiful now, but I loved you the way you were before." he said looking at the floor. I smiled because I just realized that he had said 'loved'. I could feel my knee's getting weaker. My heart completely melting into goo.

"Really?" I said grinning hard. I was surprised to hear this.

"Yeah." He finally looked up again and met my eyes.

"Well I'm still the same person.." I said softly smiling. Nyx took my hand, intertwining his fingers with mine. He leaned forward, my breathing started coming in short gasps. I placed my palm on his chest, stopping him.

"Nyx, your going out with my sister I wouldnt do that to her." I said shaking my head. It practically took all of my will not to kiss him.

"I'm breaking up with her tonight." he said whispering. I could feel a happiness inside of me, growing within each moment that we stood together alone.

"Oh, well until then Nyx, I dont know." I walked away slowly up to my room and quickly dialed Kari. I left him downstairs I was so confused about who I wanted. I needed my best friend with me.

"Yello" said a cheerfull voice.

"Kari come over NOW!" I whispered shouted the last part.

"Kay then, be there in five minutes."

"Bye" I hung up and layed in my bed. Seven minutes later Kari walked into my room.

"Hey whats the Bitch crew doing here and Nyx?" She asked. I looked at her and sighed.

"Honestly, I dont know and I dont care. But I have to tell you something." I bit my lip, Kari sat indian style by the foot of my bed.

"What happened?" She asked, her bouncy curls swinging left and right as she bounced up and down.

"Well, Nyx and I had a moment." I said, my eyes already glazing over as I thought about him.

"Aww thats so cute, omg what about Aiden! Wouldn't it be so cute if Nyx and Aiden fought over you like in the old times and whoever won your heart would win you too.." She smiled I shook my head that's the last thing I wanted. But that was Kari for you always daydreaming.

"You are such a hopeless romantic." I said laughing.

"Well who do you want?" I was afraid to answer that question. I didn't know who I wanted and it scared me. I don't even know for sure if Nyx was even going to ask me out.