Chapter 2

Dedicated to the wonderful amazing @whimsical for the gorgeous new book cover on my series! <3

T W O

My thoughts were everywhere.

I couldn't think straight, there was so much anger towards Blair. I clenched my hands into fists around my pillow before I pressed it onto my face and let out a frustrated scream. I stopped when I heard a knock on my door. Sighing I tossed the pillow to the side, I knew who'd be standing on the other side.

"Come in." I said kicking my legs over the bed and sitting down. Daniel slowly walked in and closed the door behind him. He turned to look at me, his blue eyes looking guilty as he reached up to touch his mop of brown hair.

"What do you want" I said looking away, I wasn't in the mood to deal with him right now.

"Can we talk?" he mumbled, I turned to stare at him and immediately felt a little bad, his head was down, I could tell he was frowning.

"Listen Avery, I know I can be a real jerk at school and I want to change that, Blair was right I was treating you like crap too and you deserve better, especially from me and our sister. I'm sorry." He finally looked up and smiled at me. I returned the smile, but was too shocked to really comprehend what he was saying. He hugged me quickly and disappeared out my door before I could even find the right words to say.

***

The next day at school was a much better day, because that day he walked in. I watched with curious eyes as the boy in the black leather jacket, strode into the room, books in his arms and an easy smile that lit up his face. His eyes shifted about the room nervously. I could feel myself practically falling of the chair as I watched him with wide eyes, my body following his movements. The boy was gorgeous beyond words in an effortless sort of way, almost like he wasn't even aware that most of the girls seemed to be holding their breath as they watched him too.

"I'm sorry kids, I forgot to mention at the beginning of class but we've got a new student, please make sure to make him feel welcomed." Mr. Ryan said, finally noticing the poor kid standing there awkwardly. The new student just waved to us. A lot of girls giggled nervously but the guys didn't seem to even realize he was there. Mr. Ryan gestured towards me, it set my heart on a run as he turned to stare. His green eyes met mine, his smile was friendly enough but he'd regret sitting next to me soon.

"Why don't you sit next to Avery, it's the only empty seat we've got." All the guys snickered. Even the girls whispered profoundly to each other. The room was filled with silent laughter and I had the urge to hide behind my hair.

"I feel so bad for him; he has to sit next to such a loser! I mean she looks like a freaking whale." Kimberly said laughing. She was the school's president and welcoming committee, you'd think she'd be a people person, unfortunately she was far from friendly. All her friends laughed at me while I sat there looking dumbfounded. I groaned silently as I laid my head down on the desk, not wanting him to look at me. My classmates were right, I was ugly and fat, there was no way he'd like a girl like me.

I felt him sitting down next to me, his breath fanned my hair as he leaned closer.

"Hey, I'm Aiden." I looked up at the sound of his voice. He had his hand extended towards me, I was too shocked to answer. Did he not hear what my classmates just said? My hand was limp at my side

His hand fell back down when I didn't reach over, his smile disappearing a long with it.

"Okay then." He muttered under his breath, I regained my composure and blinked back into reality.