Chapter 4

I apologize for any grammar mistakes. I write my chapters on my Ipod and it doesn't have the spell check on it.

____________________________________________________________________________

F O U R

Beep

Beep

Beep

My mind was fuzzy as the dripping noise near my ear increased. I groaned as I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. Mom and Dad were on a couch near the foot of the bed sleeping. Blair was nowhere to be found as I looked around the room, I spotted Daniel sitting on the chair next to me, his hand lightly holding mine.

"Da-Daniel." I said wincing as I forced his name out of my mouth. I sounded hoarse, my throat felt like sandpaper, I needed water badly. Daniel's body jerked awake, as soon as he heard me.

"You're awake!" Daniel said in relief. His eyes roamed over my face as he took me in, I wanted to ask him what happened but the words wouldn't come out.

"How are you feeling?" he asked squeezing my hand.

"A little thirsty." I whispered. He looked tired, his eyes were drooping heavily and there were dark circles under those dull blue eyes. The door opened and in came Blair holding a glass of water. When she saw that I was awake she automatically ran to me, almost spilling the drink on the way. I took it from her and drank small sips until my throat got used to the feeling again.

"Avery..." she said softly as tears ran down her face. Blair didn't look so hot either her normal shining blond hair was in knot's as if she had been running her hands through her hair continuously in frustration. No make-up was on her face and just like Daniel the skin underneath her blue eyes were filled with dark circles.

"I'm so glad you're okay!" she hugged me carefully. I couldn't hug her back because of all the tube's in my arms, so I just sat there limply.

"What happened to me?" I whispered to the both. I was being careful not to wake up mom and dad. I didn't really want to deal with them right now. Daniel looked up at Blair then back at me. He looked like he wanted to hide something from me.

"Just tell me! Please!" I said begging. Blair and Daniel shared another quick look.

"Oh, my god! Whatever it is, it can't be that bad" I said exasperated.

"Well you got hit by a car, someone near the school called the ambulance and they took you to the hospital. Me and Blair were in class when we got the call and they excused us from class, so I drove us here" Daniel paused and look at our sleeping parents by the couches. "Mom and dad were already here"

Blair nodded along before adding, "The doctor told us you were in the intensive care unit, apparently, there was a lot of damage to your face. You had two fractured ribs, and a sprained knee. They had to give you major surgery and you lost some weight. You look different."

"Avery you've been in the hospital for two months" Daniel said grimacing.

I tried processing all this new information but a new pounding headache threatened to overtake me. So, I swallowed his story whole, not bothering to overthink anything. I looked at Blair now, she had the weirdest smile plastered onto her face. I'm guessing I looked hideous. I was already imagining scars everywhere.

Blair pulled out a small object from her purse and before I could see what it was, she was opening the compact mirror in front of my face. Except it wasn't my face, not anymore. My mouth hung open in shock, I looked like Blair but a prettier brunette version. My face was no longer that chubby babyish face, instead it was thin and oval with pale high cheekbone's and full pink lips, blue wide eyes stared back at me. My brown hair was also longer, just falling limply around my face. The only flaw was one long thin pink scar that ran down my face from the corner of my forehead to the corner of my chin. Just one thin line running up and down the right side. A reminder of what will always be a part of me.

"Th-that's not me." I said in denial. I refuse to believe that a girl like that, so beautiful, can ever be compared to me. I looked like a different version of me, how much surgery had they done?

"But it is you..." Blair whispered softly. I wanted to cry but I didn't even know why. I just realized that everything I have ever known would change now. Daniel sighed and walked over to our parents and shook them awake. Mom was the first to wake up, when she looked around in a panic she realized that I was awake. Her whole face broke into a huge grin, lighting up that otherwise grief stricken face.

"Oh! Hun! I'm so glad you're awake!" she said in relief as she hugged me.

"Yeah me too." I said. My dad had walked up to the side of my bed and was now grabbing my hand, stroking it softly.

"Hi dad" I whispered looking into his deep brown eyes.

"Hi pumpkin." He said, his eye's looked red as if he had been crying. He bent down slightly and placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Go get the doctor and tell him she's awake." mom said ordering Daniel. He quickly walked out and a couple minutes later Daniel walked in with the doctor right behind me. Dr. Haven was what his nameplate said, checked me and jotted down some notes on his small clipboard.

"Well I'm happy to report that she's healing well, the coma helped her brain heal while her body rested. I say if she stay's overnight, she'll be good to go home tomorrow morning." Dr. Haven said smiling. I was relieved to hear those words. All I wanted to do was to curl up in bed and eat a tub of ice cream. I sighed in contentment wishing it would be tomorrow already.

"We can start feeding her without having to use any tubes to pass on the nutrients, we can bring you food later." Dr. Haven told my parents while I listened in on Blair, my eyes were already starting to droop close.

"Yeah, she lost all that extra weight and now she's normal sized, like how she should be." Blair said grinning. I looked down at myself and realized that she was right, I wasn't fat anymore, I still wasn't as skinny as Blair but I was still considered skinny.

"Shut up Blair, Avery was never fat to begin with. Your the one who put those crazy ideas in her head." Daniel said angrily. I ignored him, he was wrong, I was fat and everyone knew it but today I was normal for once in my life. I was trying to decide if this was a good thing or a bad thing when the doctor ushered my family out of my room so I could get some more exams taken. When we were done, I was wheeled back to my room I hadn't realized how tired I was until my head had hit the pillow. I fell asleep right away.

Sorry its short you guys but I had to upload before you guys killed me:P but yes next chapter she will be going to school again. Anyways Comment. Vote. Fan:) 

love, stephanie<3

.