Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Five months later...

I sighed in contentment as I watched the sunlight stream in through the windows, illuminating the room with a soft yellow glow. I blinked my eyes slowly and smiled briefly. Peace settled within me as I looked at the clock and noticed it was almost eight o'clock. I got up and dressed up in a light blue summer dress and slipped on some flip flops. Grabbing my hair into a ponytail quickly, I snatched my phone from my bedside table and looked at the six missed calls from Aiden as I walked down the stairs. Mom was setting plates on the table and Dad was reading the newspaper, humming along with the soft upbeat tempo of "rolling in the deep" that was playing on the small radio. I walked to my mother and placed a soft kiss on her cheek.

"Morning mom! Morning dad!" I exclaimed happily. My mom looks over at me swiftly brushing away a thin strand of hair away from her face.

"Why are you so happy this morning?" My mom asks suspiciously. I roll my eyes.

"Remember Aidens taking me to see Blair in a couple of minutes..." I say taing a seat next to my obvlious dad.

"Right..."my mom says trailing off.

"Right what? Mom." I say raising an eyebrow.

"Well, hunny...just don't be dissapointed if Blair hasn't changed, she's still trying to deal with everything and it's only been five months." she says turning back to the stove and frying up some eggs. I frown and stare at the empty blank plate in front of me. I knew my mother was right, of course I wasn't getting my hopes up. But I had to admit I really wanted to see her again. I sighed and placed my palm on my cheek.

"Aww! Sweetie don't be sad, Im just saying that I don't want to see you hurt." my mom says coming over and stroking my hair ever so softly, I close my eyes for a minute and relax into her touch. Just like I use to do when I was little.

"Hey mom! Where's the bacon?" Daniel says looking around the kitchen. I laugh slightly and Daniel grins at me.

"Theres no bacon! Now sit down! Your going with Avery and Aiden right?" my mom says placing our eggs on each of our plates.

"Yeah buddy!" Daniel says. I giggle at this and my mother looks at him weirdly.

"I don't even whant to know..." my mom mutters under her breath.

"Anywho! I say we need to hurry up Aidens already on his way!" I say through a mouth full, practically scolding my tongue from how fast Im shoving my food down my throat.

"Avery! Manners! Don't talk with your mouth open!" my mom says frowning, hands on her hips. I smile sheepishly and shrug.

"Sorry mom.."

Daniel looks at me with laughter in his eyes. I know he's happy to see Blair today, since it will be the first in months. I grin back and finish my plate just in time to open the door when the doorbell rings.

"Hey Aiden!" I say all cheeky. Aiden leans in and softly kisses me on the lips, lingering for just a second longer.

"Hey.." he says with a deep husky tone. I blush and bite my lip. Yep, he still has the power to make me blush in mear seconds. I take his hand and walk into the kitchen where Daniel is just finishing up his food and walking up to us.

"Ready?" I say and Daniels nods. We say our goodbyes and leave. As soon as were in the car, Aiden and Daniel soon get into an easy conversation about football while I move my head up and down to the music playing on the radio.

I open my window and let the warm wind wip through my hair and graze my face. I smile and wonder if today was going to be a good day. An hour and a half later we get there and I stare up at the huge fancy place that was called an institution for mental patients.