Chapter 18 - Three Months and A Felony?

Two months Ago –Taylor

Half asleep, I managed to glance up at the clock on the wall above my teacher’s desk. Five more minutes and I would be free. My classes were difficult and on top of that, I was working a lot more hours since it was busy season at the restaurant so I barely got any sleep.

Somehow I still manage to pass all my classes—even if I’m skating by in math—I was still passing. The five minutes seemed to have gone on forever but soon enough the class was dismissed and I all but ran out of my Administrative class, nearly trampling everyone in my way.

I walked out to my car in the parking lot. Since I’ve started working, I’ve tricked my BMW out. You could say I’ve been earning quite an amount from this part time job. Besides upgrading my car—and buying weed—I’ve saved a few bucks for a rainy day. I didn’t really need a job. My dad was doing this “thing” called being a part of my life these days so he literally tossed money at me. I just didn’t want to be too dependent on him, or anyone really.

Only when I neared my car did I see one of the hottest rides ever parked beside it. It was a GT Spyder with chrome rims, the body painted black. The tint was so dark the only thing I could see was my reflection. Whoever that was would surely be pulled over in no time.

I got into my car and started it, basking in how smooth the sports engine sounded in my ride. As I pulled onto the highway and glanced in my rear view mirror, I saw that the Spyder was following close behind me. Now, I wasn’t freaked out or anything because it was midday and who in their right mind would pull some shit in broad day light?

When I got closer to the dorms, I made a swift U-turn. I felt like I was being followed but I needed to know for sure.

The car trailed behind me, picking up speed as I did and slowing down as I did. Who the hell was this guy? It was really starting to bug me. Then, I got an idea. I shifted gears quickly, passing car after car on the highway. Only glancing in my mirror ever so often to make sure I was still being followed.

I led the culprit out of the city and onto a dirt trail which held a little racetrack. It was where I gathered with a few of my friends for our not-so-legal races. The car pulled up alongside me at the rickety starting line, the engine revving; daring me.

I smirked, even though they couldn’t see me through my own dark tint and revved up the car before speeding off. I shifted gear after gear but the car was hot on my tail. Pretty soon we were head to head as we neared the end. Just as I could taste the victory, the Spyder all but flew across the finish line leaving me in the dust.

For fucks sake. I drifted my car to a stop and stepped out. The door to the sports car opened and the first thing I saw was…heels? The female driver stepped out and spun to face me, pulling her dark hair up into a messy bun.

“Hi there,” she smiled.

“Avril?” I was confused. “How the hell did you find me?” And why the fuck were you stalking me?

“I did my research. Besides, I told you I’d be in touch. Didn’t i?”

I raised a brow at that. “I didn’t really take you seriously.”

She stepped closer to me, “I’m a very.serious.gal.” she said, poking my chest after each word.

For some reason I was feeling nervous. I felt like I was out of my comfort zone and I couldn’t really tell what this woman wanted from me.

“Nice car,” I said to break the awkward silence.

“Thanks. Take it home.” She tossed her keys at me, walking towards my car.