Chapter 3

Abby

So I actually thought for a minute that Taylor meant what she said about ‘working our way up’ to being friends. But just like every other thing she’s told me, it was bullshit. I haven’t seen her all week since I got out of the car. Her mother came over of course, and I’ve seen Ethan a few times when I went over but Taylor was never around.

I’d like to believe that she was ignoring me but I probably shouldn’t think so much of myself. I’m pretty sure that she doesn’t even remember me.

“Babe, did you hear what I said?” I glanced up at James and plastered a smile onto my lips.

“Yeah,” I lied.

James lives in California but he flew up here to spend some time with me since we’ll be filming this season in Vancouver.

“Milly totally trolled him. Stefan was so annoyed about everything that as soon as he saw her, they broke up.” I was trying to pay attention to him but the rugged, disrespectful Taylor Jaeger was doing a better job of living in my head.

“Mhm?”

“Yeah, so I guess they’re on a break now.”

I didn’t really care about my fake friends and their even faker relationships to be honest, but I’d never tell him that. It’s not exactly in my character.

“I should head back to the hotel it’s getting late.” He said, running a hand through his dyed blonde hair. We stood from the seats in the café and walked outside the building.

“I’ll see you tomorrow after work.” I told him. He nodded and leaned in, kissing my forehead while simultaneously sighing in contentment.

We both got into our cars and I drove off towards my home. I had just closed the car door and tossed the bag with my script over my shoulder when someone came out from the shadows half scaring me to death.

“You’re home late.” Taylor leaned up from the side of the house with a skateboard in her hand, walking towards me. She had on her famous dark jeans and a green plaid shirt with a jacket over it.

“What the hell are you doing out there lurking in the dark? You almost gave me a heart attack!” I whisper-yell at her.

She didn’t respond but I could see her lips turn slightly upwards. I could feel a smile tug at my own lips, that is until I remembered she’s the one who had me in my sour mood.

I frowned and walked past her and entered the house. I hear her scoff and follow me inside. Taylor dropped her skateboard at the door and stalked me all the way to my room.

“Do you do this often?” I ask her as I tossed the bag onto one of the chairs in my bedroom.

“What?”

“Follow people who clearly don’t want you around.” I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

She chuckled. “Believe me, whether you want me around or not isn’t going to stop me coming round.”

“What do you want then?” I snapped.

She frowned and I could see her fists clench and unclench at her sides.

“Fucking forget it.”

In a swift movement she was out the house, slamming the door behind her. I quickly ran over to the balcony and watched as she rode the board away. I’m really this close to losing my shit with her, I’ve never met anyone this damn bipolar in my entire life. I took a shower and got into my pajamas.