Chapter 12

Abby

I haven’t seen Taylor in days, basically two weeks. After she dropped me off at my house, I haven’t spoken a word to her.  She’s tried to call me several times but I really couldn’t deal with it. After a while, she stopped calling. Probably found some other slut to mess around with.  I didn’t care though, I'm completely over her and her bullshit.

I'm only mad at myself that I got caught up in the moment and let her do things to me—things I’ve never let anyone done before. Things she didn’t deserve to do. I’ve divulged myself completely in my work and stayed away from everyone else. No one actually knows I’ve moved.

Staring at all the boxes in the apartment I sighed. I’ve got utensils and dishes but I still need furniture. I still have lots of things that I have to collect from my room back home and I was dreading it. In fact, I’d even bought enough clothes to last me the entire week that I’ve been here, just so I wouldn’t have to go home.

We’ve done so many scenes in the past few days and I didn’t even know it was possible for me to learn some of my lines that quickly. I guess without Taylor distracting me, there’s nothing left for me to do but work. I glanced at the clock on the wall, it was half past 8am. Maybe I should just go collect my shit and drive back before nightfall. The earlier I go the better.

I showered and pulled my hair up into an unruly bun then got dressed in my black jeans and red heels. I pulled on a flowery, vintage top and grabbed my car keys. Just as I’d open the door I saw Ben, my co-worker about to knock on the apartment door.

“Hey,” he said nervously. His eyes were scanning my legs and he visibly gulped.

“Hey Ben, I was just on my way out.”

“Oh, where you off to?” he looked disappointed.

“I’ve just gotta run home to collect the rest of my things. You should come.” I invited him, knowing that if my mother saw him, she’d let me leave just as quickly as I came.

“Really? I don’t want to be a bother.”

“It’s no bother, really.”

 We took the elevator down to the first floor parking lot and got into my car. The drive to my parent’s house was an interesting one. Ben kept trying to have conversations with me. I knew he had some sort of crush with me but he never made a move because of James. I guess now that James is out of the picture—I guess—he wants to try his luck. I wasn’t interested in anyone to be honest; after all that drama with Taylor, I was looking forward to being single for a long long time.

After about an hour of driving, I finally pulled up in the driveway. It was fifteen minutes to ten and I had just planned to pop in, get my stuff, then leave. But my parents had an entirely different idea.

“We’re glad you’re here but you should probably go.” My mom said as she was rushing about the house. She had makeup on and was putting earrings in and everything. My dad had dress pants on and a long sleeved button up that he was rushing to finish buttoning.

“Where are you guys going?” I asked frowning.

“Taylor’s graduating today.” Dad told me.

“Not only that—but I have a feeling something big is happening today.” My mom added.

“What are you on about mom?”

“Jacob is here.” She said, strapping up her heels.

“Jacob? As in Taylor’s dad?” my eyes were opened wide. “Does she know?”