Chapter 4

Taylor

So I tried my hardest not to laugh every time Abigail fell off my board. That last time I could have sworn she broke her ass. Is that possible?-to break one's ass? Well whatever, she broke her ass. She groaned and dragged herself up from the floor for the hundredth time since we got here and rolled the skateboard my way.

"I'm so done with this. Can we go?" I could tell she was frustrated and as much as I'd like to probe her, I decided to give her a break.

"Yeah, we can go."

I pushed the heavy metal door and stepped out into the cold. We've been here for quite a while and the sun is just about setting. Of course I had other plans tonight-as usual-but I felt the need to spend more time with this ungrateful wench Abigail.

"You interested in grabbing something to eat or you gotta meet your boyfriend?" I was still very annoyed at the fact that when I came looking for her yesterday, her mother told me she was out with her boyfriend. She's been back in Canada for a month now and I've never seen her with a guy. I should have known she probably had someone back in California. Whatever, I could give a fuck.

I could tell that she wanted to say something snappy right back at me, but instead she nodded. I took her to sub-sandwich place a few blocks away from her house. I got myself a turkey sandwich and she got ham. Just as we sat down to dine, my cellphone rang.

"Hello?"

"Where are you? You told me you'd be home all day today and I've been at your house for an hour now." Lizzy barked on the other end of the phone.

I put up a my index finger, asking Abigail to excuse me as I stepped out of the building and into the cold air.

"What the fuck are you doing at my house?" I barked right back.

"I thought we'd hang out."'

"I told you like a million times already okay? We're not together and we probably won't ever be together. You need to understand that if you want us to remain friends."

"You weren't thinking about being friends all those times we slept together though." I could taste the sarcasm.

"Yeah, you're pissing me off. Bye." I hung up then went back inside, sitting opposite Abigail. Her blonde hair was pulled into a ponytail and she was all red from the cold, it was adorable. I ran a hand through my curls as I simultaneously took a bite of my sandwich.

"So how long have you and your boyfriend been together?"

She was taken aback by my bluntness. "Um, I don't think that's any of your business."

"I was just asking." I scoffed. "Besides, I thought you would have been all excited and shit to tell me the dynamics of your perfect relationship."

"You obviously have your own idea about my relationship." I watched as she placed her lips on the straw, slurping the strawberry smoothie.

"You know what, forget it. I'm pretty sure he's a fucking square anyways." I fished some money out of my wallet and placed it under my glass.

"You know what Taylor?" I could hear her stomping behind me but I ignored her ass all the way to the car. "I'm not gonna just let you stand there and speak to me that way every time you get into one of your bipolar mood swings. If this is how you behave on a regular, then you should stay the hell away from me."

Sarah's pissing me off, Lizzy pissed me off now this. What have I done that was so cruel?

"Get out." I told her, staring straight ahead.