Chapter 20 - Old me, Fake you.

Taylor

It had been a while since I've heard from Abigail. About two and a half months to be exact. She texted me to let me know she arrived in Taiwan,  then we tried to carry on a conversation over text but it didn't last long. Her replies got a little less urgent until it ceased almost completely.

Whenever I tried to contact her, I felt as if I was being a bother. It was as though she'd forgotten all about me and the five months we've shared together. Eventually it was like I started bothering my damn self. I had never been clingy, and originally I had expected to forget all about Abigail also, as if nothing ever happened. But, I can't.

A few days after she left the photoshoot of her old cast was released to the public and seeing her and Ben together, basically humping each other should have given me the motivation I needed to get over her but it didn't. Nothing seemed to make my love for her change, not even a little bit.

I was wheezing as the cold air tried to freeze my lungs. "Jesus, can we take a break Avril?" I stood up, resting my hands on my knees.

"Stop being such a fatass, you agreed to this." She spun around with her dark hair pinned in a high ponytail. Even while she was sweating and had red cheeks, Avril had managed to look classy. Typical millionaires.

"I agreed to take a jog, not run a marathon." I rolled my eyes at her.

For the last two months Avril has been my motivator, trying to get be out of bed to go jogging around my apartment complex—seeing that I couldn't go past it since I was still under lockdown.

I got taken off my ankle monitor last week but still had a curfew so Avril has been taking advantage of that by dragging me along to her long distance runs.

"Taylor quit dragging your feet and lets get back to the car!" Avril folded her arms, a few yards ahead of me. "You have an early class this morning." She reminded me.

"Yes mom," I walked faster and finally made it back to the car we'd parked in the parking lot at the beginning of our walk.

We were two and a half months into the new year, and it was looking pretty bleak for me. My friends and family provided continuous support to me, which was appreciated but I damn sure didn't show them. It was unlike my impassive self to actually show how grateful I was for people's company.

For what it's worth, my first official relationship taught me that—its never really worth it. Giving yourself up entirely to someone...it's just not enough for the "maybe" you get in return.

Avril ran a hand through my curls that have grown a significant amount over the last few months and pouted.

"Cheer up squishy, you were doing so well."

I gave her a small smile. "God I'm just..."

"I know." She sighed. "I'll help you. Let's get you off to school."

———

School was horrendous; I literally couldn't wait to get the hell out of there. Females were flocking me like sheep, trying to play in my hair and shit. It was ridiculous and to make matters worse, Beth had been avoiding me all day.

I tried to run a hand through my hair as I walked briskly out the building but my fingers ended up getting tangled in the overgrown curls.

For fuck's sake.

The place was starting to warm up so I wore a regular t-shirt with my leather jacket and jeans today. I didn't really try much these days when it came to my appearance. Whether or not I chose to dress up, I still looked hot.