Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Abby POV

The entire car ride was more than awkward. It was downright painful. I don’t even understand what was going on and none of this was my fault to begin with.

“Are we just going to sit here?” I asked impatiently. A few minutes ago Taylor pulled off the side of the highway and parked, taking several deep breaths.

“Shh,” she sneered.

I sighed and propped my head against the window.

“What the hell were you doing out there?” she finally said something.

“I needed some air.”

“I told you to stay with Ethan; do you have any idea what would have happened if I hadn’t come looking for you?” she asked as if she was talking to a child.

“This wouldn’t have happened if Ethan didn’t run of, leaving me on my own.” She opened her mouth to speak but I cut her off. “In fact, if you hadn’t left me alone we wouldn’t even be having this discussion.”

Taylor stared at me with a scowl. “Me? I’m not your fucking bodyguard Abigail. I have a life and it doesn’t revolve around being at the superstar’s beck and call.” That hurt.

“Just take me home.” I gave up. I didn’t even know why we were arguing in the first place. Why the hell is she so upset anyways? It’s whatever. I know I won’t be hanging out with them again anytime soon. She ran a hand through her hair, causing her curls to slip out of the neat ponytail.

A few more minutes of driving and we had arrived back at my house.

“Well—“

“Bye.” She said quite bluntly.

“Fuck off Taylor.” I got out and slammed the car door, stomping my way inside the house and up to my bedroom.

Lord what did I do? Hmm? What have I done that was so bad that I deserved to be treated like this? I go to church—sometimes—and I pay my tithes. I do. I donate to charity, feed the hungry—everything. Yet, this baboon treats me like yesterday’s chicken stir-fry.

I yank the dress over my body with such a force that I swear I could hear it rip, then tossed it to the side. After undoing my heels, I hop straight into bed and under the fluffy covers, willing sleep to overtake me.

“Abby, wake up.” I groaned.

“Why?”

“Richter sent me an e-mail last night after you left.”

I sat up in bed, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. “What did he say?”

“They’re almost done building three of the sets over in Vancouver.”

“And?” I prompted.

“They’re ready for you to start coming in to work Abigail.”

I sighed. This is what I feared. Richter—the director of my show—has finally arrived in Canada. I thought I would have more free time before we began reading lines. It was actually quite impromptu because we don’t start filming for another three and a half months.

By the time I actually got out of bed, my mother was long gone. I have no idea where but from what my father mumbled, it was something between shopping and skating. Probably the latter. I got myself some breakfast then showered, washing my hair in the process.  I dried off any excess water before pulling on jeans and a long sleeved, plain white shirt with my Olivia Pope coat over it.