Ch. 37 - RADIO SILENCE

Avalon's outfit:

Chapter Thirty-Seven ⚡Radio Silence⚡

Radio Silence

"The corpus callosum is not only the largest white matter structure in the brain, but also the bridge connecting all parts of the brain to each other. The ability for all parts of the brain to communicate and to work together help us make leaps in cognitive thinking. Any questions? Thoughts? Insight?" Ms. Finch explained.

Lydia sighed softly as she slightly glanced around the classroom when her eyes slowly trailed to the window making her notice a blue jeep sitting in the parking lot and a guy from the tow truck company looking it over. She stared at it for a moment as if she was in a trance. There was a familiarity to it but she didn't recognize it.

"Lydia." Ms Finch said making Lydia snapped out of the trance and looked at Ms. Finch. "...I completely agree." Lydia said and Ms. Finch hummed and nodded slightly before pointing at the window. "Is there something outside that's more fascinating than the structure of the human mind?" Ms. Finch asked and Lydia shook her head.

"No... I don't think so..." She trailed off making Ms. Finch raise her eyebrows, "No." Lydia corrected herself and Ms. Finch nodded, "Okay, good. Now, many people credit the corpus callosum, uh, for giving us a sense of intuition, gut instinct, that even we ourselves aren't aware." Ms. Finch started explaining.

Lydia glanced over at Avalon, who sat next to her, as Ms. Finch started walking away. "What is it?" Avalon whispered and Lydia shook her head slightly as she subconsciously looked back out the widow to see the guy starting to hook up the jeep. "I'll be right back." She said before getting up and running out of class. Avalon and Scott glanced at each other before quickly running after Lydia.

"Hey! Hey, you can't tow this Jeep!" Lydia said as she ran out side and over to the jeep making the guy look over at her. "Paperwork says I can. It's reported as abandoned." He said and she rolled her eyes before resting her hand on the jeep and giving him a fake smile, "And now it's not." She said making him raise his eyebrows at her.

"Oh, this is your vehicle?" He asked and she rolled her eyes again, "Does it matter?" She asked and he scoffed. "Sounds like a no." He said and she went to say something but Scott and Avalon ran up to them. "It's mine! Uh, my Jeep. Thank you. I'll move it... once I get the keys... from my locker... after you leave." Scott said.

"I'm sorry. Once it's on the hook-" The guy started to say but Avalon cut him off, "Please for the love of everything do not say, 'You're on the hook'." She cringed making him frown. "Well, I can't now." He said and went to move but Scott spoke up, "Oh, I... Okay, look, there's gotta be something that we can do. Sign something? Call someone-"

"Pay someone?" Lydia asked making the guy look over at her for a moment before smirking, "Drop fee is a hundred and fifty. Cash." He said and Scott's eyes widened. "A hundred and fifty? This thing isn't even worth that much." Scott said, looking over at Lydia, who just rolled her eyes as she pulled out her wallet.