Chapter 22

BANG

Temari's eyes shot to the door, feeling immense pressure telling her to run away. Every cell in her body shook as the room filled with overbearing bloodlust. Gaara's screams still filled the room along with Kurama's chanting. Mind ablaze with worry, temari hung onto her last piece of sanity as she quietly prayed for a miracle

Her eyes fell back to the closed door, she could still feel the danger lingering behind it. Whatever it was, she needed to run. "What the fuc—" Temari groaned, desperately prying her legs to move as she struggled against the weight of her injuries. Her eyes scanned the room hopelessly looking for a way out. Nothing. Seconds, that felt like hours, passed before the door flung open, tears filled Temari's eyes as she accepted her fate, falling face first to the floor, choosing to remain unnoticeable.

Sasuke stood at the door looking at the horrifying scene before his eyes. Kurama chanting over Gaaras body. Gaara screaming in turn. The numerous kunais stuck in random places. And most important; Naruto's limp body. "Naruto!" Sasuke hurried to her side, scooping her head up into his arms, shaking as he brushed her hair out of her eyes. He gently laid her head on a pillow, making his way towards Temari who stayed a lump on the floor "What did you do to her" Sasuke growled as he picked her up by the collar, "what the fuck did you do to her!" He screamed her, pressing a kunai against her throat. Temari trembled, eyes wide as she struggled to form words "ah- I-" the kunai at her neck pressed deeper into the flesh, drawing a stream of blood.

Temari chocked on her words, finally uttering a mere "sh-she hurt him" she choked back tears as she weakly pointed towards Gaaras still screaming frame. "You monsters hurt my family!"

Sasuke, who was more worried about Naruto, threw her harshly against the wall, grunting before walking back to Naruto, cradling her head as he begged her to wake up "c'mon Naru, wake up for me yeah?" His pleads fell on deaf ears as Naruto's lifeless body stayed limp in his arms. Numerous ministers of screams and silent pleas filled the room before; Silence. The room fell so silent, temaris breathing from the other end of the room was heard. Sasukes head shot up, looking at Gaaras face of discomfort as he quietened down and Kuramas figure possibly putting his mind at ease as he calmed the discomforted boy.

Kurama then made his way towards Sasuke and Naruto, putting his hand on sasukes shoulder before returning to Naruto's body, quietly reassuring him that Naruto will be alright. The life returned to her face as Kurama returned, a relieved sigh leaving Sasukes lips. Moments went by before Naruto's eyes fluttered open, taking a couple seconds to adjust her eye sight before jumping up looking at her surroundings "Gaara!" She made her way towards his bed, seeing his sleeping figure as she let out a sigh of relieve and exhaustion. "Thank god he's alright" she whispered underneath her breath.

"Naruto, what happened here" Sasuke questioned finally announcing himself. Naruto looked at him, cocking her head to the side, "when did you get here?" Regardless of whether he was here since the beginning or not, she found herself suddenly in his arms, her body giving out due to over-exertion.

Sasuke felt how tense she was in his arms, his eyebrows burrowing as he said "It's ok to relax around me, I won't hurt you" he reassured, gently carrying her to a nearby arm-chair. "No wait!" He halted in his steps, looking down at her confused "what's wrong? Are you in pain? Did I squeeze you too hard earlier? Do you want me to call someone?" Sasuke asked frantically.

"Calm down, I'm fine" Naruto laughed as she rolled her eyes "Temari however, is not fine" Naruto pointed at her unconscious body "carry her to the bed, I'll call for someone to treat her" she ordered as Sasuke put her down on the chair

"Oh yeah, I forgot about her" Sasuke said turning around, walking towards temaris body. "Aight, up you get" he heaved as he threw her over his shoulder

"Be gentle you idiot!" Naruto exclaimed from her position "she's literally injured"

Sasuke ignored her, dropping temari onto the mattress as he made his way back to her "she'll be fine"

"This is why you're not loved" Naruto said rolling her eyes

———

A/N
Guess who finally updated after a year and a half??

Anyway, since I've finally graduated hs, I suddenly have a bunch of extra time on my hands so I'll maybe start paying some attention to this book ;)

Tbh I don't remember a single thing about this book and I refuse to re-read it so some of the contents might not match up with previous chapters and as a now grown adult reading some of these chapters again, I cannot believe some of the shyt I've added into this. the swearing??? the language these 12 year olds are using really reflected my 13 year old fantasies, I apologise for sexualising 12 year olds and the strong usage of inappropriate language unsuitable for a child under the age of 10, I will do better in the future

Anyway, happy reading m'luvs <3