Ch. 38 - GHOSTED

Avalon's outfit:

Chapter Thirty-Eight⚡Ghosted⚡

Ghosted

"You saw a carousel?" Malia asked as she, Avalon and Lydia sat in front of a laptop in the library. "And a big sign that said Canaan. And people disappearing in clouds of smoke." Lydia said making Avalon furrow her brows.

"Do you ever have nice dreams?" She asked and Lydia pursed her lips and shook her head, "We need to go to Canaan." She said and Malia shrugged slightly. "It would be helpful if we knew anything about the place. I keep calling the number for City Hall, and no one answers." She said before unfolding a large map.

"The only map I can find it on is thirty years old. So far, the only thing I know about Canaan is where it is." Malia as she unfolded a map and pointed at a spot she circled and Avalon looked at her girlfriend with raised eyebrows.

"That's all we need to know."

"We're here." Malia said before she and Lydia glanced back to see Scott asleep next to Avalon. Avalon pursed her lips slightly before shrugging and pinching his nose close, a second later Scott jumped up and took a deep breath. "Where are we?" Scott asked as he glanced around, "According to the GPS, this is it." Malia said from the driver's seat.

They all got out of the car and glanced around. Not a single person in sight, cars rusted over, buildings covered in mold and dust while their walls were cracked, windows broken, plants either dead or overgrown. "This is it. Canaan's a ghost town." Lydia sighed.

A little while later they were walking down a familiar neighborhood. And just like down town, everything was cracked, rusted, broken, overgrown, dead and dirty. "I don't hear a single heartbeat." Scott said and Malia nodded, "I'm not catching any scents." She said making Avalon frown slightly as she glanced around.

"I'm not feeling anyone's presence beside us... I wonder why Stiles would send us here." Avalon said and then all of the sudden one of the lampposts that were still standing flickered making them stop. They glanced at each other before walking again.

Soon enough they walked up to the big Canaan sign that Lydia said she saw in her premonition. Except now it was torn and so dirty that you could barely read it. "This is the place I saw in the mirror." Lydia said and they started looking at some of the stuff that was still on a table, "Awesome." Avalon mumbled.

A metal creaking sound made them look over to see that carousel. They glanced at each other before walking over to it. It was rusted and covered in leaves and vines, but yet the lights were still on and the black horse still looked like it was covered in blood. Scott went to step into the carousel but all of the sudden it came to life and spinning and playing music.

After a little while they had separated and Avalon walked down the street until something caught her eye. "Liam?" She muttered as she followed what seemed like her brother into a house. She glanced around, feeling the heavy atmosphere around the house before slowly walking around.