- 25// The Best Day Of My Life

'come on noah, you can do it!'

'just ask her noah, its easy!'

'you both like eachother, ask her already!'

'shes going to say yes, just ask the question!'

A million and one thoughts quickly whirled around in noahs mind, only momentarily. He knew what question he needed to ask, he was pretty — almost definitely— sure of her answer, he knew he couldnt not ask her now, for they'd gone too far in their relationship (or friendship, if you will) to just turn back now.

'is he going to ask me to be his girlfriend?'

'does he actually like me, like i do with him?'

'why is he not saying anyting, did i do something wrong?'

'have i pushed him too far by making presumptions?'

A million and one thoughts quickly whirled through dixie's mind, only momentarily. She believed he had taken her to the most breath-taking, magical place, he had set up a pick-nick full of both of their favourite foods, he had brought blankets and his laptop to most likely enjoy one, or two, of their favourite movies. Was this the 'perfect time'?

---------------

"yeah sure, ask my anything." Inside Dixie hoped, with all that she had, that he would ask the one question she has been waiting to be asked for a long time.

"okay then, here goes nothing," Noah quietly spoke, before regaining his confidence that he'd previously had, "Dixie Jane Damlelio, will you be my girlfriend?"

She'd expected it, however hearing those five spoken words come out of his mouth, 'will you be my Girlfriend?' hit her like a bus. Yes, she sort of knew he was going to ask some time soon. Yes, she most likely knew he'd ask once she'd seen that date he's set up. Yes, she definitely knew what she was going to reply with.

And still yet, she sat there speechless. Dixie knew she wanted to say that three letter word that could make everything okay, but she just couldnt make the word come out of her mouth.

There was once a saying that brought back many fond childhood memories for Dixie, that was told to her by her grandparents, that being 'actions speak louder than words'.

Those words Dixie couldn't get out must be replaced with actions in order for them to have any true meaning, those words she could not speak were holding her back from the one thing she wanted most in this world, those words needed to be said, however not how either expected.

Noah was sat in silence full of anticipation awaiting Dixie's answer, that she had take her sweet time delivering — in actual fact they'd only been sat in silence, since Noah 'popped the question', for around eight seconds, however so many thoughts had flown through Dixie's head that it felt like they'd been waiting for an eternity.

Dixie's actions took over, she lent in toward Noah, who immediately responded by meeting her in the middle. Their lips touched for what felt like the first time, or more likely it was down to the fact that this kiss had true meaning. It wasn't just kiss between friends who had a crush on each other. Instead it was full of heat and lust, yet not powerful. It was soft and meaningful, it truly clarified their feelings for one another for the first time.

"I'll take that as a yes...?" Noah whispered, yet smirking, against Dixie's lips as they pulled away from their affirming kiss.

"Yeah, I guess you will," Dixie replied, "...babe"

The newly partnered couple burst into fits of laughter as they began to realise, and recognise, the bond they had just created, the bond that they hoped to be eternal, the bond that they wish to last them a lifetime.

A/n
Heyyy, it's short and this is the first time I've updated in like three months lol, so I guess I'll see you in another three months :)
Wc: 657