Chapter 15

°°°Layla's POV°°°

According to my doctor the babies were healthy and growing okay, which I was more than happy to hear. I love my little peanuts so much.  No one could ruin my mood... Or so I thought. Nate eventually got a hold of me and apologized, he then told me that he'd pick me up at 6 for our date,  well here I am now, in my room, at 10 cuddled up to my panda; eating strawberries ice cream chips pickles and Nutella,  watching safe haven,  and crying my eyes out. My little pity party was interrupted by a knock on my door.

"Layla honey, would you like some company?" My mothers sweet comforting voice said through the door

"Yes please" I replied in a tiny voice, but it must of been loud enough for my mom to hear since she came in through the door... dressed in footie pajamas.  I started laughing she always knows how to get a smile out of me.

"Come on sweetheart, get up and get yours on too. You don't need to be in those close any longer. " she told me, and that's exactly what I did. it was a little hard fitting into them now I'm pregnant, but we made it work. " okay now let's go to my room.  It has a bigger bed. " I didn't say anything just followed her. We both got into the bed and started presuming what I was doing before, but instead of tears of sadness, they were tears of joy and laughter.

°°°Jenny's POV°°

I sat in my new room. Just hearing them laughing. It's been so long since I actually witnessed happiness. I just wanted no needed to see it. As slowly and quietly as I could I got out of bed and snuck to the room they were in.  The two of them looked so happy.  I miss those days with my family.  I was so caught up that I didn't realize that they saw me. I quickly apologized.

" I'm sorry,  I heard the two of you and just got curious. I didn't mean to-" then Layla interrupted me

"Just shut up go to my room get my other footiesand come join us" she said with laughter.

"Yeah hon, there's more than enough room and we'd love for you to join us. " Ms. Brittany  Layla's mom jumped in and said. The expressions on their face told me that there was no room for argument.  So I quickly did what they told me and got in bed with them. Layla'smom brought my closer. One arm over my shoulder and the other on Layla's.  She kissed Layla's forehead and then mine.  When she did I couldn't help but feel at peace. So this is what's it like to be happy within a family again.  It feels good.

'Yeah,  it does' my wolf agreed.

With that last thought we all fell asleep watching movies.

°°°Nate's POV°°°
Before going into the meeting between the top families of the pack,  which includes the Alpha family, beta family, the 3rds and the elders.  I texted Layla of course apologizing and telling her our date was still on.  It was 4 now and the meeting didn't end til 8 by that time I was livid. We have to double training hours, have a curfew, do more perimeter runs, and we couldn't run around as freely. This is stressful.  Me and my boys blew off some steam by sparing then playing some COD. My wolf kept nagging at me about something, but I just tuned him out.  Along with the mate bond so Layla wouldn't feel my anger. She seemed happy the last time I tuned into her before the meeting so im sure she's okay. When I layed down on my bed that night I couldn't help be feel as though I was forgetting something.....

°°°Layla's POV°°°

I woke up alone with hair in my face and drool coming out of my mouth.  I've never been much of a pretty sleeper, and although staying in bed sounded heavenly I still needed to go to school.  I hopped up and got ready for the day.  30 minutes later I was downstairs where my mom and Jenny both were eating breakfast. 

"Morning" they said in unison. 

"Morning lovelies" I replied back as I made a bowl of fruity pebbles and joined them.

It was 7am and time for us all to go.  Jenny and I parted ways with my mom after saying our goodbyes and headed to school.
When we pulled up I saw Nate and his friends standing by the entrance.  I wasn't sad anymore just mad, and I was going to do my best to make sure I got my point across to Nate. Walking to the entrance with Jenny following behind I ignored Nate add he smiled and tried to hug and kiss me.

"Don't. touch.me" I hissed through my teeth giving him a glare as well. He looked alarmed and surprised like he didn't know why I was mad.  He opened his mouth to say something, but I didn't give him the chance as I pushed pass him and into the school.

" are you sure you don't want to just talk to him... maybe get his side of the story first" Jenny said beside Me.
" not really no, maybe later,  I'm trying to prove a point" I said.
The bell rang and Jenny and I split ways.
"Layla! Wait up please" I heard Nate's voice from behind me.  I tried walking faster,but he of course caught up to me because well I can only go so fast while being pregnant.  When he caught up to me he circles his arms around my waist pulling me to him.
"Can you just stop and talk to me for one second.  I don't even know what I did" he begged.

"No im not going to talk to you im going to class. When you remember then come talk to me. " I said stepping out of his hold and going to my first hour luckily making to before the final bell,  with Nate walking in soon after me taking a seat next to mine. Trying to get my attention but I just ignored him.

°°°Nate's POV°°°

'Demetrius do you have any idea what's up?' I asked my wolf. He snarled at me in my head

'Finally you unblock me!  You useless human!  YOU MADE A DATE WITH MY MATE AND FORGOT ABOUT IT!!! Not only did you do that but you blocked her it off the mating bond and didn't feel her sadness but I  did!  Do you know how much torture that was?" He growled out

Oh shit im an ass.
'Sure are' my wolf agreed, but I wasn't paying attention. I was coming up with ways in my head to make things right....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Good news I got a potential editor we are talking about it now. .
.
.
.
.
Love you all specialk07 out ~(^.^)~

Their outfits are to the side.