chapter 7

°°°°Nate's Pov°°°°

'NATHANIEL THOMAS NIGHT. Why did I just get a call from the school saying you not only missed your first class, but also you 2nd and 3rd ones too!?' my mothers luna's voice booms through our link.

I chuckle nervously because i'm more afraid of my mom than dad. I'll take his punishment over hers.

'well.. you see' I start not really knowing what to say. I'd rather tell her in person that I found Layla again.

'No excuses either Nathaniel!' She says again. I know she is really mad know. She used my whole name twice in less than 3 minutes.

'I have a good reason mom I promise' I defend myself. While trying to focus on the rode.

' Oh yeah. What reason might that be? Huh enlighten me. Since as far as I know going to school and having a proper education is important! ' She challenges me.

Man I swear if her temper keeps rising my dad is gonna step in soon, and feel her anger.

' NATE WHY IS YOUR MOTHER MAD!? ' know I have my dad on my case too.

"speak of the devil and he shall appear" I mutter to myself. Readjusting myself in my seat.

'I didn't do anything. Look I really love you both, but I have to concentrate on driving.' I use as my excuse to get out of this. Even though I just pooled into the school parking lot.

' We are going to talk about this after the game. ' They both say in unison.

I sigh in relief happy I got out of the situation.

- In 4th hour -

' Nate man where have you been?' Cole my best friend and future beta ask.

' I some buisness I had to take care of. ' which is true I had to make sure Layla was taken care of before I left her house.

'Okay anything Luke and I need to worry about? ' he asks going into full beta mode.

Luke is my other best friend since his third command. The three of us are the highest ranking wolves in the pack. So our moms and dads raised us together since they spent alot of time working together.

' Nah man everything is cool.' 'Actually have you seen any of the bulldogs around the school.' I asked him. The riverside high bulldogs.

Our rival pack. There football team has all wolves like our team does. Each year we play a prank on eachother to get in the other teams head. This year I had one of our omegas steal their mascot, which also happens to be Brian's pet bulldog he is also next in line to be Alpha of his pack. We share this territory and everything was going well till. Brian's dad their current alpha wanted to expand their land further on to ours. My dad of course stood his ground since we have more pack members than they do. Now we duke it out in sports. Even the girls get competitive. Football and wrestling are the most important ones because it shows which team is the strongest and who can come up with the best strategies and lead the team to victory. Since Brian and I are both the quarterbacks and next alphas this shows who is the better leader.

' I checked the school camera's and saw Brian walking in the halls still hadn"t seen anything out of the ordinary.' Cole reports back.

'well just be on the look out.' with that I click of the link and pay attention the teacher.

-Lunch-

At lunch I sat down with some of my pack members and team. Right when I was about to take a bite out of the pizza A sniff something wrong with it.