Chapter 16

Nate's POV

"Layla I get it okay? I'm sorry I-" my sentence was cut off by her glaring at me. This is how is been ever since first hour, after I figured out what I did. I apologized to her, but then she got really mad when I told her, she was over reacting. Bad idea obviously because she hasn't talked to me one time since then. She just stared at me like she wanted to slice my throat with a knife.

"Layla please I-" once again I was interrupted but, this time by the bell signaling gym was going to start and we had to line up on the court for attendance. The both of us got of the bleachers Layla was struggling a bit because, she was getting bigger. So I tried helping her out .... tried. She just slapped my hands struggling for a couple more seconds before getting up and getting in line. Although she was mad at me I couldn't help but stare at her fine a** as she walked. .. waddled away. As if she sensed me staring at her she turned around and flicked me off. Which I growled at. She may be my Mate but her ignoring me was ticking me off then she goes and flicks me off for staring at what is mine.

'It's all your fault she's ignoring us'

'Whatever mutt I'll fix things soon'

'You better! '

I was snapped out of my link with my wolf by my dad.
" boy didn't I tell you to go get dressed? SO GO!" he shouted with much authority. That's when I noticed I was the only one still in the gym and everyone else must be getting dressed now. So following his orders I went to get dressed too.

"So Nate, you pumped for the big game tonight? " Scott asked,he's been a friend of mine since the 3rd grade,

"I guess. . My heads just not in it right now. " I confessed. He looked at my with concern.

"Wow dude that doesn't sound like you. You're always hype on game day man. What's up? " he asked.

"Troubles with the mate man. I really screwed up. I missed her doctors appointment and then I stood her up." I confessed while tying up my shoes and heading out there with him. He gave me a look of understanding.

" ah gotcha. I Have a plan I'll tell you later though."

"Ight man cool thanks. " We did a hand shake and waited for my dad's instructions. When I looked to my left I saw Layla changed for gym too. Wait what?

"Layla what the fuck do you think you're doing? You better take your little ass back in there and change into the shit you were just wearing." I admit it was harsh, but the stuff we do in class just wasn't safe. She looked at me her eyes watering a bit till she full in started crying. What happened next made me proud, but mad to feel threatened... the pack in the gym class even Ashley all stood in front of their future Luna bearing their teeth and growling at me.

My dad looked at me shaking his head in disappointment while he was busy comforting Layla. Which didn't sit well with me. Even if he is my father.

"Nate" he spoke up, " if you're worried about the pups just calm down Layla asked me in advance if she could do a pregnancy yoga tape she would be bring to class. She and Jenny would be doing it separately and away from the class." He finished. I felt like an even bigger ass. I messed up 2 days in a row with my Mate. I moved over to her , but the pack stood strong in front of her.

I growled, but kept my cool. They were doing what their instincts were telling them to do as wolves. Protect their Luna... even if it's from their alpha.

"I just want to go home" Layla sobbed "can I please go home?" She asked my father he nodded and also dismissed Jenny who I am guessing was taking her to her car and home. I tried following, but once again I was blocked. I was about to retaliate until my father commanded me to stand down.

"Alright class getting back on track... I'm going to mix things up today. We are going to play dodge ball! Everyone versus my son" he said. It was whatever to me they were only dodge balls.

"With basketballs!!!" He said with a smirk

Damn was all I could think.

'That's what you get.' My wolf said.

'Shut up will ya'

" ready set BEGIN!"

Fuck my life right now...