Chapter 5

You continued to stare at Venti confused about what he is trying to say to you. He does look petrified from your perspective with the way he paled which is totally different from how someone would look like when they are drunk. Concerned you reach out your hand to wave in front of him. 

"Uhm, excuse me are you alright?" You asked as you waved your hand in front of him.

Venti snapped out of his trance and immediately grabbed your arm which shocked you as he was grabbing it quite tightly and was completely out of the ordinary to grab someone like this you thought. 

"Do you... perhaps really not remember?" Venti asked as his grip on your arm tighten.

"Venti right? Could you perhaps let go of my arm before I start answering any question?" You asked while looking down at your arm which is currently being held hostage by a child-like body. 'His grip does not match his looks.' you thought.

Realizing he has been holding onto your arm for too long and tightly he apologize before letting go of your arm. And it was back to silent as the both of you slowly process your own thoughts about one another. Venti was in full-blown out panic and disbelief mode. While you were just straight out confused on why a stranger would approach you and confront you with so many questions in a tavern of all places. 

Not even Jean and Lisa have even interrogated you when they have picked you up from the shore a few days ago. Then you have a child-like bard coming up to you and bombarding you with questions.

"I'm sorry if we have met before? I don't remember anything after waking up a few days ago." You said honestly.  You wonder why not? You don't remember anything and Venti came up to you as if he knew you. Maybe he knew where you came from and why.

Venti snapping his attention back to you after your confession about your situation. His face went from confusion to understanding to fear. Venti looked to his side solemnly realizing the position you are currently in. 

Turning his head back to you he showed you a bright smile "Well, isn't it great you met me first before the other 4 of them better yet her." Venti said as he whisper the other half of his words which you couldn't understand as it was too soft.

"You know me? and meet you first?" you asked him confusion laced in your voice as you try to process his words.

"Oh~ we go way back like way back. We were really good friends along with another." Venti said as he reminiscing the past

"Were? Did we fought?" you asked him now curious about your past and also because this was the only person who seems to know you from when you have woken up.

"Well, we didn't fight. We... drifted apart after we got busier and things happened..." Venti said as he drank his dandelion wine.

You noded as you register the information in your brain. Venti continued to smile at you "Would you perhaps like to meet up with another old friend of ours. Maybe you would be able to jog up your memory a bit?" Venti asked silently hoping you would agree.

You thought about his offer, it wasn't that you have anything to do here in Mondstadt but you felt indebted to Jean and Lisa for their hospitality towards you a total stranger. Maybe it's best to discuss this with them before making any decisions.

Noticing your silence Venti decided to interrupt you. "Well, we don't have to go now. We can go whenever you are ready. We always have enough time."

'Always have enough time? that sounds familiar but why enough time?' You thought pondering about why would Venti use such a phrase. Decided to shake it off you accepted his offer which made him happier and started talking about random things going on around Mondstatd that he has encountered. While you told him how your experience after waking up from the acting grand master's room.