Chapter 13

Coming out of the headquarters you were on your way towards the city gate with your hands in your pocket fidgeting with the gold plate. Unsure of what you would be doing with it you took it out to inspect it again. This time instead of having the omamori and the plate as two items you have tied them together with the string as you don't know what to do with them and didn't want to lose either of them for some reason.

Looking closely at the plate you see three swirls ingrain into it and below was the word 'Raiden Shogun'. It must have been important at one point if not it would be made out of gold. While you were silently inspecting the item someone has already bumped into you causing you to look at who you had bumped into. 

"Y/n???? What? The last time we saw you was was" the voice said.

"After you got kidnapped by Childe," the other voice said

"YES! that one" the voice replied

"Oh, it's fancy meeting you guys here again. Aether and Paimon" you said

"Paimon thought we were never gonna see you again after that we were looking for you everywhere. Just where in Teyvat were you." Paimon said worriedly while aether nod his head in agreement.

"Uh about that well yeah I uhm escaped? So where are you guys heading?" you said quickly hoping they will take that as an answer instead of asking you any more questions.

"We are heading to Inazuma to ask the Raiden Shogun about his sister. Zhongli said that eternity is nearest to the Heavenly Principles. Therefore we thought we might get out answers there." Paimon said

'Heavenly Principles' this word started to consume your brain echoing like a broken record and each time it repeats it gets louder. In the mix of it, the name 'Raiden Shogun' was also repeated it felt like there were two people screaming at you while saying the same word. You were so consumed by the voices in your head that you started to lose your footing as well as your vision.

Aether however quickly grabbed onto you while you were still in dazed while Paimon tried to snap you out of it. But all of it was hopeless as you felt yourself being consumed by the voices and it wasn't until a loud bang that echoed through the city did you manage to snap yourself out of it. 

Looking at where the loud sound came from you could see a green-haired girl covered in dust as the object in her hand had turned black from the explosion she has caused. With that, you stood upright again and tried to steady yourself.

"I-I'm alright just a light headache. It's best that I get going, wouldn't want to waste any more daylight." You muttered to the two as you started to leave the area to get to the city's gate.

Paimon and Aether tried to assist you but you shake them off saying you were fine and continued on your path. Both of them were worried seeing you were so shaken and out of it after they told you where they were heading. Aether looked down on the ground and saw the gold plate with an omamori tied together, picking it up they saw the name written on it and both looked at each other with wide eyes. 

Turned around to see if they could catch sight of you anywhere in the crowd, you were long gone by then. Putting the item in their bag hoping to give it back to you if there is a chance they can see you again. 

The electric energy that surrounded you slowly disappear as you rubbed your head hoping to release the ache that happened during the small incident just now. "Eternity is closest to the Heavenly Principle. Heavenly Principle... are they working together?"