Chapter 18

𝐔𝐧𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐈

Elysian

The image I once held of my homeland, it's a distant and elusive haze now, barely tangible.

I've been ensnared within the suffocating abyss for an eternity, where time drifts with cruel indifference, contrasting starkly with the vibrant world outside its grasp.

Memories of faces and voices belonging to family members have slipped away, lost echoes submerged in the unfathomable depths of time.

It feels like it all transpired in an age long past, a distant era.

Even the mere mention of 'Elysian' no longer evokes nostalgia but a bitter cocktail of anger and sorrow.

My homeland, once a sanctuary, is now a prison.

For centuries, the divine crystal bestowed upon our nation and its people sacred magic of unimaginable power. Yet, as time unfurled its relentless march, the allure of this power birthed war upon our once-peaceful lands.

In the chronicles of old, the land was one unified realm, an expanse teeming with promise and prosperity. The domain was ruled by a singular monarchy that governed with wisdom and benevolence, fostering an era of unity and tranquillity. But with time, aspirations diverged, and ambitions swelled in the hearts of the people.

The monarch's lineage was rich in power and knowledge, but their dominion was vast, stretching across vast landscapes, each corner distinct in its strengths and resources.

It began with a confluence of ideals and identities. The seeds of divergence were sown when the territories burgeoned into distinct entities, each aspiring for autonomy and sovereignty. The land, once united under a single banner, now witnessed the birth of five distinct kingdoms: the North, the South, the East, the West, and the Capital.

The Northern realm, known as Elysian, nestled amidst breathtaking landscapes and endowed with an abundance of resources, was safeguarded by the sanctity of a divine crystal, bestowing blessings upon its people.

In the South, a kingdom emerged as masters of strategy and cunning, their prowess unparalleled in the art of diplomacy and manipulation, leveraging intellect as their weapon of choice.

To the East lay a kingdom bedecked in opulence and wealth, their coffers overflowing with treasures from distant lands, their influence extending far and wide, a testament to their shrewd business acumen and mercantile prowess.

The West, renowned for its healing arts and medicinal wisdom, fostered an enclave of peace and solace, their lands sanctified by the gentle touch of restoration and recovery.

The Capital, at the epicentre of this divide, thrived on the advancements of military machinery fuelled by magical technology, crafting a formidable force that reverberated across the kingdoms.

As these kingdoms burgeoned into their entities, each bore unique strengths and distinctive characteristics that set them apart. The Capital flourished with its technological advancements, the South honed its strategic might, the East amassed wealth and influence, and the West tended to the healing and well-being of its people.