3

It's been ten minutes. Ten minutes since Stark convinced me to talk to my mates. Ten minutes since he left the cage. Ten minutes is a long time to wait when you're being plagued by anxiety. My soulmarks have been buzzing for the past three minutes. From the feeling of it, they're right outside the door. Have been for two minutes. My heart is racing in my chest, with excitement, anxiety, and dread. A very interesting combination. The burn doubles as the door opens, and my mates walk in, hands laced together. my eyes widen in shock.

Tall, muscular, and handsome. They were both about six feet tall, giants compared to my whopping 5'3 height. One was blond, slightly bulkier than the other. Baby blue eyes stared back at me. Captain America. The other was slightly shorter, with shoulder-length brown hair. His eyes were a dark, stormy steel blue. His jaw had a slight stubble on it. The winter soldier. Normally I wasn't interested in men with beards, but this man was an exception. Both of them were if the blonde decided to grow a beard. Bottom line is, they're sexy, and they know it. I got real fucking lucky. They stop in front of the glass.

"So you're our missing piece, huh doll?" I stare back, not blinking. I cock my head to the side. He frowns. "What's your name, doll?" I stare at him, assessing him silently. On edge, used to fighting, and watching his back constantly. He starts to get irritated. The blond pulls him into a hug.

"Come on, buck. We don't know what she's been through-"

"Are you assuming my gender- IN THE MIDDLE OF PRIDE MONTH?!" they jump, startled by my sudden outburst. The mask I've put on is one of outrage. I've scared the shit out of two supersoldiers, with one sentence.

"Um- i- you- we- uh-" the captain stutters. I manage to keep it together for ten seconds before I start cackling.

"It's fine, captain. I'm just playing with you. But generally, it's a good idea to ask someone their gender if they look like me," I giggle, waving over my appearance. Blood red pixie-cut with black and white streaks, paired with my leather jacket, sleeveless turtleneck, skinny jeans, and platform combat boots, mixed in with my multiple piercings. Naturally, all black.

"So when I ask you a question, you're silent, but when you wanna make a joke, it's fine?" I glare at him a little and decide to stop using the ridiculous American accent.

"Yes, it is. Because humor is how I cope with my shitload of trauma. As your replacement to HYDRA, I wouldn't be too angry, Soldat," I hiss.

"What do you mean, my replacement? And where did the accent come from?" I roll my eyes.

"After you got your happy ending and relief from that nightmare, they decided they needed a new soldier. They updated the serum, so I would have no free will. The downside was they had to wipe everything. Every. Single. Thing. My name, family, friends, even how to speak. That's where the accent comes from. I wasn't using it earlier because it was unnerving stark." horror spread across their faces as I spoke. I stare at them a few seconds after I finish. I scoff and pull the hood over my head, tears building up in my eyes. I turn away from them.

"Get out, and leave me to rot." my accent had become so thick my words were almost indecipherable. I hear one of them punch in the access code to open the door. Almost immediately after, they're in front of me.

"Doll, look at us." I turn further away from them. "Doll. look at us now." I flinch at the force in the captain's voice. He sighs and yanks me up against him. I squeak in protest as the blonde locks his large, muscular arms around my waist, holding me so I have to lean my head on his shoulder. He looks down at me, his gorgeous baby blue eyes smoldering with emotion as he pulls the hood off my head.

"We're not leaving you here to rot. If I understand correctly, your situation was worse than Bucky's was." I say nothing and try to look down at the floor, but the captain cups my face and turns it back to his.

"Doll, please. We want to know you, but we can't if you won't let us." I close my eyes and look to the ceiling. These men deserve so much more than I can give. The captain sighs.

"At least give us your name, doll."

"Weapons don't have names, Capt-mph!" he kisses me, cutting off the rest of my response. The kiss is sweet and kind. Loving and gentle, but full of purpose.

"What, steve! It's not fair that you get to kiss her first," Bucky whines. Steve pulls his mouth off of mine and smirks.

"Then why don't you kiss her then, Buck?" I gape in outrage. The brunette smirks and leans towards me. I glare at him, and he laughs, pushing me past my limits. So I punch him, hard. Twisting out of the Captain's hold, I stalk over to the other side of the cell. Pulling out my phone, I put in my AirPods and turn the volume so I can't hear them. I close my eyes and pull my hood back on so I don't have to see the looks of disgust my mates gave me.