8

As the credits of the movie start rolling, I turn to look at the various people around the room. Everyone has a different background, some darker than others. Miss Romanoff and I have similar enough backgrounds, I suppose. But she was raised that way. I was not. And was fully aware, the entire time, that what I was doing was wrong. And that my own mother forced me to do it. I was fully aware that my own mother made me a monster.

She wasn't so bad at first, when I was little. She did everything she could. For, a drug addict and an alcoholic, which wasn't much. But then again, she did fake her death to go run an evil organization. And then kidnap her own daughter and use her as an experiment. Shining example of a mother. After she kidnapped me, she was completely different. Completely insane, obsessed with her work, and blind to emotions. She murdered multiple people for not following her directions exactly as asked. Great habit to have in life, if you ask me.

A weight falls on my shoulder, and nuzzles itself into my neck, catching me off guard. Turning slightly, I realize that Steve was asleep, and using my shoulder as a pillow. Completely adorable. Bucky scowls, and glares at Steve. I giggle, and wrap an arm around his shoulder, tracing the vibranium working in his left arm. He tenses, unsure of what to do.

"What's wrong Buck?" He turns to me, startled by the question.

"Nothing's wrong, doll," he whispers back, looking down at the floor. I give him a look

"You can't lie to me, Barnes. I'm your mate. I know when something's wrong. And even if I wasn't, it would take an idiot to not know that something's bothering you. What's wrong?" He sighs and looks the other direction.

"My arm is a constant reminder of hydra. We both know how savage they are, and you shouldn't have to deal with a constant reminder of the people that hurt you," he mumbles. I sigh.

"Do you really think that I'm that fragile? If I was, I would have died a long time ago. Now stop shaming yourself for something you can't change. You are my mate, and a metal arm won't change that." He looks back up with me, surprised.

"What did we do to deserve you," he sighs. He stares at me for a second, then smirks. Removing my arm from around his shoulders, he lays down and uses my thighs as a pillow, nuzzling his face into my stomach.

I smile and play with his shoulder length brown hair. I hum one of the Russian lullabies that my mother sang to me while I was in HYDRA. I hated her, and HYDRA. But for some odd reason, the lullabies she sang to me always brought me peace. I notice that Miss Romanoff is looking at us, smiling. Hesitantly, I smile back. She nudges Barton, nodding towards my mates and I, and he laughs quietly, gaining the attention of everyone else in the room. I sigh as they smile and whisper to each other and lean my head on Steve's. He hums in his sleep and kisses my neck softly. I wrap an arm around the blonde's waist, still playing with Bucky's hair. A camera goes off, and I turn to glare at the perpetrator.

"Awe, don't glare at me, red! You three are so cute together, and we need more pictures of Barnes on our social media!" I roll my eyes at Tony's explanation and nickname.

"I didn't give you permission to give me a nickname, Tony," I huff teasingly. "But think of how the press will react if they find out that America's golden boy is not only gay, but polygamous. Not well. Drop small hints, like hickies on both their necks in public. Or extended physical contact between the two. Introduce me at a press conference as a new Avenger, and then as their mate later on." They process my words slowly.

"So hide the fact that the three most well known supersoldiers are mates? And gay?" I sigh.

"Yes, Clint. Anyone with half a brain cell could figure it out, if we give them the right hints."

"Well, good thing a press conference is coming up in a few days!" I whip my head to glare at tony.

"Really?! That soon? Damn," I grumble. Loki laughs.

"Some things never change," he mumbles.

"So I didn't like going to social events before either?" he glances at me.

"No. Unless you knew the people, you wouldn't go. And even then, you would keep a knife on you at all times." I nod. Steve grumbles sleepily at the movement and kisses my neck a few more times and wraps an arm around my waist tightly. I smile slightly, unused to the affection and family-like atmosphere. I close my eyes and try to drink it all in while I can.