10

Ten minutes ago, I fucked up.

I drank a whole bottle of tequila.

Steve and Bucky had gone off on their morning run with Sam, and I had gotten bored. So I decided to see how much alcohol I could drink without getting drunk.

Turns out it was the whole bottle.

And Tony was pissed. He'd already been taking over the role of my dad for the past few weeks I'd been here. Really since we finished our first conversation. But since he'd offered to adopt me, dad-mode Tony came out in full force. Which means I can't drink until I'm twenty-one. A rule I had broken. So now I was sitting on a couch in the living room, with an angry Tony standing in front of me, tapping his foot while we were waiting for my mates to get back. I sank into the couch guiltily as I hear Sam, Bucky, and Steve's footsteps. The door opens as they walk into the room. They look at us quizzically as they sit down. I whine, silently begging Tony not to tell them. He glares at me.

"Don't you whine at me. You were the one who drank a whole bottle of tequila because you were bored." Sam bursts out laughing while my mates stare at me in shock.

"The whole bottle?"

"The whole bottle."

"How?!"

"I have no idea." Sam starts laughing again while Steve shakes his head. Bucky just smirks.

"She's a supersoldier, right? Her metabolism is too high to be affected by only one bottle of tequila. She'd need to be drinking for hours for the alcohol to have any effect. She's fine." we all turn to bucky. Tony sighs and rubs his forehead.

"I know that, Barnes. But since she's not legal drinking age, and I'm her legal guardian, I can get in trouble. If it was just me, it'd be fine. But she's meeting Pepper and Morgan any minute now, and Pepper doesn't support underage drinking, even if they have an advanced metabolism." a chorus of 'Oh's follow. Apparently, they all know Pepper and what influence she had on Tony. I whine again at the thought of meeting yet another new person. Steve notices and comes over and hugs me. I wrap my arms around the blonde's neck, pulling myself tightly against him as he kisses the top of my head. Bucky smiles while Sam rolls his eyes.

"Whatever. You three are making me sick, so I'm just gonna go. Have fun with Pepper and Morgan, Hunter." Sam ruffles my hair as he walks past me. I scrunch up my nose and shake my head, my hair falling back into place. My mates laugh quietly. I scowl.

"Why are you laughing," I whine. Bucky walks over and sits down next to Steve and i.

"You're just too adorable." I pull out a dagger that I'd concealed in my shirt and throw it at him. He easily catches it with his metal hand.

"This family makes me want to murder people," I growl.

"What in the world is going on here?!" I turn to see a pretty red-head standing in the doorway with a 5-6-year-old girl holding her hand. I can see her confusion. A gender-confused teenager throwing a knife at the winter soldier, while cuddling with captain America. With Ironman standing in the room. None of them in any kind of suit. Tony walks over to her.

"Pepper! How are you, baby?" He kisses her quickly, wrapping an arm around her waist.

"I'm fine, but why is there a- young woman? I can't tell. Why is she throwing a knife at Mr. Barnes, while cuddling with steve?" I burst out laughing at her genuine confusion, quickly joined by Bucky and Steve. Even Tony starts laughing. Pretty quickly we're in various collapsed positions, bursting into more giggling fits every time we look at each other. I sit up, still giggling slightly.

"I'm throwing a knife at Bucky because he was being mean."

"I called you adorable! How was I being mean!"

"Ujasdjhfhuaejfaeuuirhufdfhaiuhaefwufihhua!"

"That's not even a word!"

"Did I ask?"

"... good point. Anyways. Hey, pepper. How's it going?" poor pepper looks back and forth between the brunette and myself. The little girl who was holding her hand lets go and runs up to me. She sticks her arms out.

"I'm morgan. What's your name?" my eyes widen in shock. I'm used to children running away from me in terror, not towards me.

Memory.

"Sissy! Hurry up!"

"I'm trying, -------!" The little boy I'm chasing trips. But his face is blurred. I can't remember.

"Katy! Stop antagonizing your brother!" Who's Katy? I thought this was my memory.

"I'm not, dad!" I continue running towards the little boy, who's crying.

"Turn around and face me, brat." I roll my eyes and turn to the man. His face is blurred too. "Get inside, now." silently, I comply. Once I'm sitting on the hard tile floor, and him on the plush couch, he starts lecturing me. I tune it out but catch the end.

"Stop playing, talking, or interacting with your brothers in any way. Every time you do, you hurt them. You hurt people, Katy." I gape at him, and I feel tears prick at my eyes. But I won't cry. I can't. I can't give him the satisfaction of crying. I close my mouth, nodding. "Good. Now act like it. get out of here. Don't come back to the house for at least three hours." I get up and walk out the door, slamming it on my way out.

Normal

I stare at Morgan in shock for a second before answering.

"I'm Hunter. Nice to meet you, Morgan," I reply, holding out my hand. Instead of shaking it, she jumps at me and traps me in a hug. I freeze. After a few seconds, I wrap my arms around her small body. She lets go and grabs my arm and pulls up my sleeve, revealing the countless scars HYDRA gave me. I snatch my arm back and pull the sleeve down. She's staring at me with wide eyes.

"What happened? Why did the bad people hurt you?" I smile at her sadly.

"Not everyone has such amazing parents that love them no matter what. You're lucky." I stand up and walk towards the doorway. Pepper presses herself against the wall near the door.

"It was nice meeting you, Mrs. Stark," I call over my shoulder.

"Hunter, hold on a minute!" I walk faster as Tony yells for me. I can't let them see me like this. I can't cry in front of them. They'll hurt me. Assassins don't cry. I'm breathing heavily as the elevator takes me to my floor. As the doors open, I dash to my room as fast as I can. I slam the door shut and sink to the floor, sobbing. They'll never accept me.