14

"No! Absolutely not! She's not going to see a criminal, and that's final!" as we assumed, Tony was completely against me seeing my father.

"Come on, Tony! She's an adult now, and we're not going to leave them alone together. You of all people should know what it's like." The room goes silent at Steve's statement. I look between my mates and tony, then the door as I hear pepper walking towards it. She opens the door, takes in the scene, and sits down on the couch opposite from me.

"Pepper! Good! Should we allow Hunter, a person with extreme trauma, to be alone with a criminal who tried to kill her mates?" I glare at tony.

"He's my father, and the cause of none of my trauma." Pepper looks between Tony and i.

"Who is it? That's an important piece of information."

"Baron Zemo. the one who blamed Barnes for the Viena bombing." Pepper's eyes widen. I look down and fidget with my hands. Bucky grabs me and puts me in his lap, and plays with my fingertips. I nuzzle into the crook of his neck.

"I think... I think if she's ready, then she should. She needs to have someone with her, though." I jerk my head up to look at her. She smiles tentatively as if she's afraid I might kill her for it. I smile back. The tension in her smile eases, and i realize she was.

"You do realize that I'm more likely to through Tony out the window than kill someone because they annoy me. Or smile at me." Pepper looks taken aback.

"I didn't..." I smile thinly at her. She stops, realizing that it was obvious that she did in fact think that. She looks down, ashamed. Morgan runs in and sees me.

"Miss Hunter! Play with me!" she stretches out her arms to me like she wants me to pick her up. I look at Pepper with wide eyes. She nods slightly. I get up and swing her around, making her squeal. She giggles wildly as I toss her and catch her again. I set her down and she runs off. I smile as she hides behind Tony. Tony laughs and tickles her. She giggles and runs off. I smile as I watch her, then turn back to Tony and Pepper.

"I'm not going to speak with him alone if I do speak with him. Steve and Bucky will be there, and possibly someone else," I say, sitting back down. "Doing so would be incredibly stupid."

"Obviously." Tony stops, obviously trying to think of a reason I couldn't see him. I smile.

"You haven't even adopted me and you still act like my dad," I smirk. Tony sighs.

"I know, I know. Damn it, Hunter. Why did you have to ask for something so reasonable?" I laugh.

"Because I'm a reasonable person, Stark." my mates laugh quietly.

"Unfortunately, she is. Better get used to it, Tony." Tony glares at Steve, who just smiles and leans his head on Buckys. "She's probably one of the most reasonable out of all of us."

"I take offense to that, Rogers." we turn to see that Loki had entered the room. "Dr banner and I are quite reasonable, thank you very much." I roll my eyes.

"You throw Tony out the window weekly." he shrugs.

"He's fine, isn't he? He had it coming anyway." Tony and Loki had a habit of getting on each other's nerves. As a result, Loki would end up throwing Tony out the window more often than not.

"Whatever, Loki. If you're making tea, make some for me while you're at it. Three spoonfuls, with cream. Not milk. Put the gallon of milk down. It's the green bottle." everyone stares at me like I'm crazy. I wasn't even looking at him yet I knew he had picked up the milk and not the cream.

"You drink TEA?!" I stare at tony.

"Yes...?" he rubs his forehead.

"You drink tea like a British person." I glare at steve.

"How would you know that?" he shrugs.

"I had a few British friends back in the '40s. They took their tea with sugar and cream, not milk. If they saw someone about to put milk in their tea, they'd yell like you did." I shrug and take the cup of tea Loki was handing me.

"Whatever. I'll drink my tea how I want to." Tony starts to object, but Loki and I slurp our tea loudly. He glares and tries to speak again, but we slurp even louder. Bucky and Steve stare.

"Alright! I give in! Let me have some." I look at Bucky, who was reaching for my tea. I glare. After a second, I reluctantly hand it to him. He takes a sip, making a face. "Um- yeah, no. you two brits can keep your tea. That's just nasty." Steve and I laugh at the brunette. He playfully shoves steve and pokes me.

"I'm serious. You're mated to captain America and you drink tea, which is already British enough, but you added cream! That's way too British!"

"That's not a thing!"

"Yes, yes it is."

"I will hit you."

"Do it, shortie!"

"Bitch-"

"LANGUAGE." bucky and I looked at each other, then steve. The blonde crosses his arms and glares at us.

"I thought I was speaking English. Did I switch to Russian on accident?" Bucky fights a grin.

"No, I don't think you did, doll." Steve rolls his eyes and opens his mouth to speak, but Loki interrupts him.

"The amount of affection you three are showing for each other is disgusting, I'm leaving." the Asgardian walks out, taking his tea with him. We all watch him leave before continuing the conversation.

"Anyway. Back to the original point. I'll talk to T'chala about Hunter seeing Zemo. until then, no sex. And keep her safe." with that, Tony leaves.

"What about after," Bucky yells. Tony flips him off over his shoulder, making the super soldier laugh loudly.