Chapter 1.

Wrapped in her cloak and face covered by her hood, Lauren took in the fresh midnight air as the stars sparkled brightly and the moon lit her pathway. She smiled as she walked into the darkest part of the woods, where the border is located. Her father had been warning her of it's danger when one crosses beyond it but to her nothing could be as dangerous as a being from her world to enter the other, she had capabilities that even her own family wondered where she got from. Besides, she was just gonna take a little sneak peek beyond the mist and come back home before she is sent to school.

"It's the fact that tomorrow I'm being sent out to do humane activities as if I don't already do it on a daily bases but here I am still sneaking off through the barrier," Lauren shook her head as she chuckled, she began to skip through the woods. Excited of what stuffs she might find again, her mind wondering off to the items she had found or well stolen from the humans days before.

Passing by two large acacia trees, she met the large glowing mist wall that shimmered in the dark as she walked closer to it. She stared at the wall for a good minute until she realized she wasn't just looking at a wall but at a person as well, a blurry white figure stood a good few meters in front where she stood from the other side and seemed to be staring at the wall as well.

"This can't be good, no human is allowed to wander in the woods at midnight," Lauren stared more into the figure, brown-ish hair was all she could make off the figure. It was obviously a female and since her sense wouldn't really work from her side so she couldn't tell whether it was exactly human or a supernatural, the mist blocked her senses from taking in the person's presence.

Lauren's eyes widened when the figure walked closer to the wall, if she really crossed the border then the nearby entities would sense her and immediately get rid off her in the most gruesome way possible. This wasn't good, she quickly took a large step into the mist and took a strong and firm grip of the person's hand that was about to go through the mist. A small gasp was heard as Lauren stared at the still slightly blurry figure, her hand was the only part of her that was out of the mist.

"What do you think are you doing?" Lauren asked harshly, her mind playing what could possibly have happened if she hadn't stopped this.

The person's eyes widened and her feet began to try and run away but with Lauren's hand having a good grip on her, running was of no use to her. Lauren knew if she didn't show herself then she'd for sure rip the girl's arm off, she shook her head and covered her face with her hood before stepping out. She couldn't afford being seen by a human, it would cause a whole new set of problems.

When she finally was out of the mist, she looked straight into the individual's eyes, the girl had stopped trying to get away when she was forced to look at whoever held her. Brown eyes met emerald one's, both breaths caught to a stop and both people stood frozen. It seemed time has stopped for both of them, Lauren couldn't look away for some reason. She felt her body heat up and a loud thumping rung through her ear, she felt her view grow more colorful than usual. The brown eyes glowed a little more golden to her and the girl's face grew pink as she stared more.

M-My heart. . .

Lauren shook herself out of her trance and blinked, losing her grip on the girl. She rubbed her eyes and looked around, the wood was now a darker shade than it usually did. She looked back at the girl and saw her still staring at her, she furrowed her brows and waved her hand in front of her. The girl was wearing a cloak similar to hers but only in white and made of silk, her auburn hair laying on her shoulder and bright brown eyes that Lauren swears she could keep staring at.