Chapter 14.

Cuba

The five women had arrived by the time it was sunset. The flight back to Lauren's mansion was tiring for the girls as they were lead inside their rooms, Normani in Dinah's and Tori in a seperate room. Lauren had her own room in the attic growing up so they didn't ever touch it. The two human girls were now asleep as the supernaturals went down to greet their grandmother, Amelia Morgado.

"I'm glad you're home safe," Grandmother Amelia hugs her granddaughters, Dinah and Lauren accepted the warm hugs. As the family embraced, the old woman tensed up when an unfamiliar scent traveled through her nostril, it was a strong one. A vanilla scent so sweet her sweet tooth seemed to have regained conscious again, she pulled away and stared at Lauren dead in the eye, "Who is it?"

"Who is who, Nana?" Lauren asks, confused.

Amelia rolled her eyes, "Child, who have you imprinted on?"

"N-No one," Lauren stammers, cursing herself silently at her impediment.

"You have," Amelia grits, "Don't lie to me. Vanilla and sweet gumamela aroma, you're covered in their scent."

"Nana, I can explain," Lauren answers apologetically. "It's regarding towards our situation."

Amelia stares at her kids, deciphering what was being said and her face showed worried. "Has any of the rogues caught him?"

"Him?" Dinah asks, "Nana, it's a woman. Lauren isn't mated to a man, we're both mated to women."

"Women. . ." Amelia's eyes softened, "It's not quite rare for vampires to be mated with the same gender but it's normal none the less, are you guys okay with this?"

"Yes, I couldn't be more happy with Normani," Dinah smiles but then frowns, "Lauren here would be if we could find her mate, her name is Allyson Hernandez."

"What happened?"

"It's best if we talk in the labyrinth," Lauren answers, "I can't afford this conversation in jeopardy."

Amelia nods and sighs, "Let's go then."

They followed the elderly towards the library and watched as Amelia pulled a book from a shelf and it parting into an opening, the way towards the labyrinth. Dinah carried the already torch from the holder on the wall and lead them down the stone staircase down to another library with various books everywhere.

"No one cleaned this?" Lauren asked, coughing a bit from the amount of dust floating around when Amelia brushed pass a shelf. She saw Dinah's torch and warned the girl, "Dinah these books are sacred, watch your torch!"

Dinah grinned and brought the torch to her front, far away from the books.

"No one, we were all to busy for the next blood moon," Amelia says and stops when they've reached a large table with a few scrolls on top of it. Amelia gestured Dinah to one of the holders and the girl gladly placed the torch there, brightening up the whole area.

"So let's begin, shall we?" Amelia faced Lauren and the vampire nodded, taking in a deep breath before speaking.

-

"What does she look like?" Amelia asks, running her long fingers through her granddaughter's hair. They were now in the living room, Amelia on the soft sofa with Lauren's head on her lap.

Lauren smiles softly as an image of Ally pops into mind, "She has bright doe eyes and a very very contagious smile, a soft button-like nose and a few freckles on her cheek. She had these soft pink lips that I wish I had gotten to kiss, a very sweet yet obnoxious laugh. I find it cute when she does. She also has a very sweet tooth like you Nana."