Chapter: 13

Chapter 13: A Big Baby

Unedited!!!

Have you ever had a dream where you were suddenly falling and then you woke up so fast you literally jumped up? Yeah, well, that was me just now, except instead of just sitting upright in bed, I managed to land with a loud 'thud' on the wooden floor below. I groaned out loud while laying on my back on the cold, hard floor. After about five minutes, I decided to just get up. I looked at the time on my phones clock and read five thirty-two a.m.

Deciding it'd just be best if I stayed up, I walked out of the room as quietly as I could so I didn't wake up Drake and Chad, and I walked down stairs. It was still dark outside, so it was difficult for me to make my way down the house. I knew where the living room was, so I made my way into the room, there were no lights on, so I just plopped myself down onto the couch. But...it wasn't just a couch.

"Ouch, shit!"

I didn't even have enough time to spring up to my feet at the sound of his voice, before I was pushed off and onto the ground for the second time today, except this time, Colton had landed on top of me. I couldn't breathe for about three seconds before Colton pushed himself up and was hovering over me in what seemed to be a plank position, where he was on his elbows. I sucked in a breath at our close proximity.

"Well, well, well, Shorty, I didn't think we'd be in this position anytime soon, but I guess I underestimated you."

I rolled my eyes and pushed at his chest where he didn't even budge.

"Oh shut up Colton! You threw me onto the floor and somehow miraculously landed on top of me! If anything, you're the one to blame!"

"Hey, you sat on me first!"

"I couldn't see anything!"

"I was just peacefully sleeping and next thing I know, BAM! A gigantic elephant sits on me!"

"Oh puh-lease Colton!"

My eyes had finally adjusted to the darkness and I could see Colton smirking. With one of his hands, he brushed away a stray hair of mine that had been sitting on my face and tucked it behind my ear.

"I'm only kidding Shorty."

I swallowed a deep swallow. This was getting to be too intimate, so I did the one thing I knew would get him off of him...I kneed him in his sensitive spot. He immediately rolled over to the side and curled into a fetal position.

"Ow! F*ck Cleo! What the hell was that for!"

I patted his chest and ignored his question. Rolling over, I stood up onto my feet.

"After all I did for you yesterday, this is how you repay me?"

I knew he was joking around because of the sly smirk on his face.

"Maybe I'll make it up to you."

After that, I strutted off towards the kitchen, leaving Colton lying on the floor of the living room.

***********************************************

Three ours later, everyone was dressed and ready to head out to do more snow activities. Today, we will be doing what is called inner tubing, it is where you have an inflatable tube that looks like a giant donut, and you slide down different slopes on it. I already knew I liked it because I knew it wouldn't take as much effort as skiing did, all you had to do was plop yourself on it and you were off.

Filing into all the different cars, we set off towards the slopes. When we got there, I stepped out of the car and followed along side of Jacklen as we went to go to the place where we would rent the inner tubes.