Chapter: 26

Chapter 26: New York

*Thank you to @NeonBlueUnderpants for making this amazing , lovely banner ^> I love it!

As I rolled my suitcase down the hallway that leads to our apartment, I couldn't help but feel giddy on the inside. We had flown into New York this evening, and there was about a forty five minute drive from the airport to where our apartment is located. Colton was having his car shipped over to us, so for now, we had to use a rental car that he chose. We met up with the landlord, and he has been directing us to our specific apartment.

It's so weird saying 'our' apartment. It makes this whole situation actually real. We actually moved to New York. I never thought I'd say that once in my lifetime, and here I am. As I dragged my suitcase behind me, holding onto Colton's other hand that wasn't holding onto his case, my smile widened brightly when we stopped in front of our door. The landlord had to give us a walk through of the apartment before we placed our final signatures in and got the keys to the apartment, so that's why he was here with us.

"Alright, so, here we are," the landlord said.

He pulled some keys out of his pocket and opened the door. We all stepped inside, and my breath caught in my throat.

It was perfect.

I left my case by the door and began to slowly walk around. Part of the walls were rustic looking with brick covering them, giving off an urban sort of vibe to it. There was a couch in the living room with a flat screen TV sitting on a wooden cabinet.

The landlord walked us around, explaining everything that the apartment featured. We walked through the kitchen, it had a small marble countered island in the middle. There was a stainless steel fridge and a nice drop sink. He took us through the main bedroom, it was very nice, but the thing that caught my eye was the floor to ceiling window. The window overlooked the street below us, and since we're on the fourteenth floor of the apartment building, it made the city look amazing. I couldn't ask for a better apartment, it was just perfect. There was an extra room and bathroom, which is good for if we have any guest stay over night.

"So, if you two would follow me, we can proceed with the signing of the papers, and I will hand over the keys."

With my hand in Colton's, we walked to the kitchen where there was a wooden table. We sat down, and the landlord guided us in where our signatures go. After that went smoothly, the landlord smiled and placed the keys into Colton's outstretched hand.

"Congratulations, here are your keys to your new apartment."

The landlord bid us farewell, and then it was just Colton and I. When the door slammed shut, I just stood there staring at the closed door, still trying to process that we had just signed the papers for our new apartment. Suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and picked me up, spinning me around in a circle.

I squealed with happiness, and laughed, throwing my head back in the process. Colton placed me back down on the wood floor and leaned his head down, smiling. His pearly white teeth flashed at me, and I grinned up at him, nothing but pure happiness over taking my body. He cupped my face in his hands, and connected his lips to mine. I immediately responded and kissed him back, eagerly. My hands roamed over his perfectly sculpted chest and around his broad shoulders. I caressed his neck under the palms of my hands and then wrapped my fingers through his brown hair, tugging at the ends.

Colton grunted and then quickly picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his torso and he made his way to the main bedroom, slowly setting me down. He kept his eyes on mine as he roamed his hands over my body. His legs were straddled over my body, keeping his weight off of me while he leaned down and kissed me once more, this one more passionate and lustful. It made me want to kiss him all day and all night.