Chapter: 6

Chapter 6: Thanksgiving and Moving on

*unedited shorter chappy*

"Wakey-wakey eggs'n bakey."

Someone was whispering right next to my ear and it was irritating the poop sacks out of me.

"Yo, sleeping beauty, wake up!"

Someone grabbed onto my leg and was trying to drag me out of my lovely, comfy bed.

"Oh my god, you're as fat as a whale, get your booty up!"

My eyes popped open. I looked around with blurry eyes until they landed on Jack. I shook his hands off of my leg.

"That is not nice to say to a girl, Jack."

He walked over to me and narrowed his eyes down.

"Well, I had to say it. I've literally been up in this room for at least ten minutes trying to wake you're fat ass up!"

"Hey! Watch your mouth!"

Gosh, kids these days. They think that they can just throw bad words around and it doesn't matter.

"Come on Cleo, I've serious, get up. It's almost noon, people will be arriving in about an hour."

I jumped up and out of my bed, almost tripping over the comforter on the way.

"What! Are you kidding me Jack! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?! Ugh, I can't believe this!"

"Oh my god, I did try to wake you up!"

Jack threw his arms up in the air as a sign of frustration while I began running around the room looking for everything I needed to get ready. I glanced at him as he shook his head and walked out of the room. I can't believe I only have an hour to get ready. Deciding that I didn't have time for a shower, I rushed into my closet and slipped the dress on. I actually really liked it, a lot. At first I didn't, but the more I stared at it, the more I liked it. Plus, when Colton said I looked good in it, I secretly jumped with joy.

Rushing into my bathroom, I plugged in my curling iron and impatiently waited for it to heat up. In the meantime, I quickly brushed my long hair out and sprayed it with heat protector spray. Once the iron was hot enough, I began curling it. That took about twenty five minutes because I have so much hair, then I sprayed it with hairspray. I pulled out my makeup bag and started with applying some eyeshadow. I wanted to do more of a smokey kind of look since it was Thanksgiving. I was in the middle of finishing up my right eye when Colton popped his head in through the doorway. His hair was partially gelled upwards, and it looked darker than normal so it made his blue eyes pop even more than usual.

"Hey Cleo. So we kind of have a situation..."

Irritated, I replied

"I'm sure the situation can wait until I'm done getting ready. I'm already annoyed I didn't have enough time to get ready."

"I don't think this can wait."

"Colton, it can wait. I don't have time to talk, let's talk later."

He sighed out loud, knowing he's lost this battle between us.

"Alright, fine, but don't tell me I didn't warn you."

After he left, I finished my make up, finishing the look with a darker colored lipstick. I don't wear makeup on a normal day to day basis, so when there is a special occasion, I actually enjoy wearing it. I slipped on my wedges, flattened out my dress, then opened my door to go downstairs where I could already hear the chattering of other peoples voices. When I reached the end of the stairs, there was already about fifteen people I didn't recognize. I smiled politely as I walked past them. When I entered the kitchen, I found Jacklen standing at the stove with an apron wrapped around her waist. She was talking to a lady who seemed older, but looked pretty good for what ever age she probably is. Her eyes were the same shade blue as Jacklen's, so I automatically some how knew it was Jacklen's mother. As if sensing my presence, Jacklen spun around and smiled when she saw me. She looked happy, but her eyes seemed a little frantic. Raising and eyebrow, I smiled in return.