Chapter: 10

Chapter 10: Iceskating

*NOT EDITED!*

Walking down the terminal halls, I breathed a sigh of relief now knowing I was back in California. Kale and I couldn't get the same flight because my flight was already booked over a month ago. You would think that I would be afraid to get onto an airplane because that is how my parents died, but actually, it's the opposite. I feel closer to them. Both my mom and dad loved traveling, always have, that's why they loved their jobs so much, it involved traveling. They lived to travel the world, and I think that's why I feel so close to them when I'm high above the ground in an airplane. I feel content knowing that I am doing something that they loved so much, flying. Not only that, but I feel like if people were ever able to come back as anything, they would come back as birds. That's another reason why I got the birds tattooed on my ribs.

Brushing those thoughts aside, I approached the end of the terminal and headed towards the double automatic doors that were in front of me. When I reached them, I stepped through, but didn't see any of the Stroud's cars, so I rolled my suitcase over to a bench and decided to just wait there until someone came and got me. Jacklen never really tells me who is going to pick me up, I just know it'll be someone. I pulled out my phone and just did things on there. Five minutes later, my head snapped up at the sound of wheels screeching against a curb. My eyes landed on Jacklen's black Porsche, but it wasn't her driving, it was Colton. I rolled my eyes at his driving skills and stood up to put my case in the car. Colton jumped out and met me at the back of the car. I smiled up at him, feeling small little butterfly's erupt inside my stomach at the sight of him. Ignoring them, I said

"Hi."

"Hey shorty."

I legit couldn't help myself when I felt my cheeks flame up. I haven't heard him call me that nickname in so long, I actually miss it. He smiled down at me, and we sort of just stood there until he cleared his throat and pointed towards my case.

"Need help?"

Shaking my head to get me out of the daze I ended up in, I smiled and said

"That'd be nice."

He leaned down and reached for my case, but as he leaned down, I saw something bright reflect sort of near his ear, so when he stood back up and turned around to throw my case into the trunk, I caught a glimpse a diamond earring. My mouth slightly opened and I gasped. He got his ears pierced? When did this happen? I leaned in a little closer to try and get a better look, but it was hard because his back was to me. All of a sudden, he turned around, so I jumped back.

"You okay?"

"Uh...yeah, let's go home."

We both got into Jacklen's car and began our trek home. Fifteen minutes later, I commented

"So what made your mom let you take her car instead of yours? This car is her baby, isn't it?"

He chuckled, and I couldn't help but think how incredibly attractive it was, but I really have to stop thinking thoughts like that, I'm with Kale now.

"Well, we all know I'm her favorite son, it wasn't that hard to get her to let me take it."

He smirked at me, and it rolled my eyes at his ego.

"Well, the way you rolled up was horrible. Did you forget how to drive?"

"I just wanted to make a dramatic entrance."

I laughed a little bit at his comment. My curiousness towards his new ear piercings got the best of me, so I opened my mouth and asked him.

"So...what made you get your ears pierced?"