Chapter: 25

Chapter 25: The Party

"I honestly don't even want to go to this party."

"Aw, come on Clo. This is my last spontaneous moment I can have with you before I leave tomorrow," Sidney pouted.

"Let's hope you don't drink too much, then. That would suck having a hang over on a four hour plane ride."

Sid just rolled her eyes in response. Sidney usually liked to get a little bit wild at parties, unlike me who doesn't even enjoy attending them. She was ruffling through all of my clothes, trying to pick out outfits for us to wear for tonight. I remember last year, I matched with all my friends. Friends who actually won't be attending the party tonight because they all moved away for their colleges.

"What the hell, Cleo, you have like, nothing to wear!"

"I so do! You're just not looking hard enough."

"I swear, there is noth-" she paused, "Aha! Found something!"

My eyes narrowed down on her when she pulled out two very slim looking dresses. One was dark navy blue and the other was a deep red color. I stared at her in horror as she grinned like a maniac. I know last year I wore a very skimpy looking dress and heels, but I've changed a lot since then.

"These are perfection!"

"Those are not perfection," I sighed.

Her eyes narrowed down on me, and she tossed them onto the bed. Huffing hair out of her face, she crossed her arms over her chest.

"They are perfection, and you are wearing it. Your body is beautiful and would flaunt that dress so nicely. It'll give Colton a run for his money."

I sighed, knowing I would lose this battle against her. I plugged in my flat iron so I could straighten my hair.

"You have to wear the red one, you always look good in red," she chucked the dress towards me.

***

Not too long after, I could already hear the music blasting from down stairs. The party had started.

My makeup was finished, and so was my hair. I slipped on the dress, well more like squeezed into it because it was so tight. I argued with Sidney for at least five minutes because I expressed I did not want to wear heels, in the end, I won. I slipped on my sandals and walked out of the bathroom. My eyes landed on Sidney, who was adjusting her dress. She looked very pretty in her navy blue dress, it hugged her nicely in every way. I was about to open my mouth to request we go downstairs, when the door flew open. In walked Colton and Hayden.

Colton looked so handsome, I mean, when does he never? He was wearing just a plain white long sleeved shirt rolled up to his elbows, and a pair of dark wash jeans with his red Vans on. I smiled because we were basically matching. His eyes drank in my appearance, and I blushed, looking away.

"You girls read? The party already started," Hayden piped up.

"Yeah, we know. We always arrive fashionably late," Sidney smirked.

Hayden released a low whistle under his breath, and I automatically knew it was aimed towards only Sidney. Colton slung his arm over my shoulders and pulled me towards him. Planting a kiss to my temple, he opened my bedroom door and steered us downstairs. He leaned his head closer to mine and began to speak.

"If anyone try's anything stupid on you tonight, they'll get a piece of me. Got it?"

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. He was so protective of me.

"I'm going to hang with Sidney for a little bit. I'll catch up to you," I yelled.

It was so loud, the only way of communication was to yell. I could barely even hear my own voice. Colton's lips thinned out, but he nodded his head inn agreement. I stood up on my tippy toes and kissed him on the lips, then turned around to look for Sid.