Chapter: 21

Chapter 21: The Anniversary, and Surprise

*Blake Lively as Sidney :)*

"Welcome to Delta Air Lines, this flight should only be about four and a half to five hours, food and beverages will be offered. We hope you enjoy the flight."

The lady on the voice over clicked off, and the air plane took off into the sky. I leaned my head back and squeezed my eyes shut. My knee was bouncing up and down with nerves, and we weren't even to Texas yet. Colton placed his hand on my thigh, causing me to turn and look over at him.

"It's okay, this is a good thing" Colton quietly stated.

He tilted his body slightly, and captured my lips in his. I kissed him back, then pulled away and leaned my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled my body even closer to him, kissing my head in the process. I closed my eyes and tried to will myself to sleep.

Not too long later, my body felt cold, and I realized that it was because my shoulders were not wrapped with Colton's arm. My eyes opened, and I sat up to see Colton leaning forward in his chair slightly. I could tell that something seemed off about him, and I furrowed my eyebrows in concern.

"Colton, you okay?"

I didn't get a response for a few seconds, then he managed to gruffly say

"Yeah, I'm fine, babe."

Colton suddenly winced, and sat up in the chair. His eyes were tightly squeezed together, and he looked in pain. I automatically knew it was his back. He finds that if he sits in one place for so long, his back pain intensifies. I placed my hand on his jaw to try and comfort him.

"Where are your meds?"

Colton shook his head at me, denying my request to get him his pain medicine.

"No, no meds. I don't want any, I can get through the pain on my own," Colton breathed out.

His knuckles were clenched together, making them turn white, and I unwrapped his fingers from each other and began massaging the inside of his palm to relieve the tenseness within them.

"Come on, Colton. I know you don't like taking the pain killers, but this is a legitimate reason too."

A minute passed, before his eyes opened and the blue depths of them captured mine.

"First pocket of my backpack," Colton muttered.

I released his hand and searched through his pack until I found the medicine. I gave him a pill and some water. He chugged it down, then leaned his head back on the seat.

"I'm sorry," I apologized.

His eyes reopened, and he leaned his head forward to look at me. He grabbed onto my hand and held it in his.

"Don't apologize for anything, baby, this is worth it for you. Anything is worth it for you."

My heart melted, and then I kissed the side of his cheek. He sighed and leaned his head back again, closing his eyes. A second later, his hand grabbed onto mine firmly, so I continued to rub his hand in mine and watched as he slowly fell to sleep.

After the flight, we met up with Sidney who picked us up, and who was very happy to agree with letting us stay in her house for the small amount of time we would be staying. She was home for the weekend anyways, since her college was near by. I hugged her so tightly, I think we both suffocated. Her parents looked at me with sympathy for my parents, and I hugged them both, they were always close to me, especially when ever my parents went away, they always took extra care of me. Colton and I placed our bags into the guest room that we were planning on sharing, and I went into the bathroom to get into my pajamas.