Chapter 22 : Another Kiss

Miku's POV

I knocked on the door. Yesterday Rin had brought those cute outfits and we'd played dress up, but today she was hanging out with one of her friends from school. Gumi, I think was the name she gave.

So it would be just me and Len, and maybe Rosalie.

I knocked on the door again. It opened immediately to Len standing there. "Hey, Miku.." he said. I felt heat crawl over my face.

His top lip and nose was bleeding and he had new marks on his face, arms and neck. "W-What happened?" I asked, trying to keep my anger in check.

"I, uh...I had an accident, its nothing." he said, giving a small smile. "Len.." I warned--nay, hoped, he'd tell me the truth. His smile faltered and faded. "It's fine.." | "I'm fine--almost always a lie. Please, pleeaaassse Len.." I begged, stepping inside and he backed away, brief fear flashing in his eyes. It tore my heart to see it, though it was quickly gone.

I sighed and let my shoulders sag. I should know as well as anyone, sometimes you just didn't want to tell people things. "I'm sorry. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"Th-That's not what I meant...its...I just dropped the breakfast today, I was clumsy and they had to go out for breakfast, so.." | "So your family thought they could hurt you?"

"it was only father...no one else.."

"That's not right Len...why do you stick around?" | "I can't abandon Roger and Rosalie, and mother and father did raise me...clothe me and give me a roof...and feed me.."

"And mistreat you. Any time you eat they punish you. They only want you to be under the roof to hide their crimes. Those are not people you should be loyal too."

Len looked down. "But if not for them...I dunno I'd still be alive...obviously whoever my actual parents are don't want me.."

"What do you mean..?"

"Well, Y'know...Rin and I look so much alike...we must be...well siblings, a-and wouldn't I be there instead of here if...if I actually was wanted..?" I could tell he was trying not to cry. Trying not to break down.

Trying to continue to believe he shouldn't have emotions. That he was only good at serving others and shouldn't have his own wants. Trying to believe that he didn't matter...

And I didn't know how to comfort him. I didn't know why they kept Rin but Len was here. I didn't know anything about it.

But I knew I loved him. Even if his parents didn't. Real ones and current ones.

I walked closer to him and enveloped his smaller body in my arms. He let me hold him and sank into the embrace. Small sobs shook his body; clearly was trying to repress the tears, even now.

I lowered the both of us to the floor and we sat by the door. He curled up into a small, abused, malnourished ball and continued to cry. I did my best to comfort him and give him the love I could only imagine he craved. The love he needed--that he deserved.

After awhile he started to wipe his face with the back of his hand and push away. "Sorry... I'm sorry, M-Miku...I-"

"its okay," I replied. I pushed his messy hair back from his forehead and brought  my hand around and cupped his cheek in my palm. "if I were to, maybe...kiss you, would you be mad?" I whispered, copying his exact words from when he kissed me for the first time. And the last time, as we'd not pursued that kind of relationship, not yet at least.

His eyes met mine. "No, n-not at all.." he whispered back, copying my response. My stomach did a funny flip as I leaned in and connected his lips with mine in a tender touch. It was a glorious moment. Just Len and I in the world, two people who were in love for the first time.

A moment, and then when I couldn't bring myself to break away, it turned into two. Then five, before we parted our lips.

"I love you, Lenny. Even if no one else did, I would. And I do." I whispered, leaning back down for another, quick, kiss.

After that, I helped him clean himself up and do the chores.

A/N : This is officially a shitpost book lol