Chapter 16, Time alone with Len

I watched as Rin pulled a little girl to the bedroom, leaving me and Len alone together.

I stood around awkwardly, unsure what to do.

"Um, so..."

"Do you, want something to eat?" Len asked and I shook my head. "N-no thanks..."

"Okay then" he said with a smile.

"How are you able to smile? After yesterday I can't smile..."

"Well, I don't mind yesterday, it led to me meeting you, so it was worth it"

I looked at him curiously. I wasn't worth getting beat up, was I? No...

"I'm not worth getting beat up... I'm just a boring girl with no friends and a brother who wants nothing to do with her anymore" I said quietly and he grabbed my hand and held it gently.

"That's not true..."

"It is true..." I said quietly and stared at his hand touching mine.

"It's not true though, I don't think of you as boring at all Miku. And, you do have friends. Me and Rin"

I liked the sound of my name falling from his lips and looked up.
I at first looked at his eyes, they were a beautiful blue and I couldn't help but lose myself in them. But my gaze slowly fell from his eyes, to his lips.

I caught myself and looked down at the ground. I felt his other hand go to my chin and he gently brought my gaze back up. His eyes were soft and touch was loving.

I loved this moment and found myself hoping he kissed me. I tried to push the thought away, but it wouldn't leave.

He looked rather awkward and I noticed his lips start moving and tuned myself in to listen.

"-if I were to, uh, maybe... Ki-kiss you, would you, uh, be mad?" He questioned.

I felt myself blush as I softly shook my head. "N-no, not at all..."

He leaned in and I met him halfway, as our lips met I felt like I wanted to stay like this forever, it was so gentle and loving.

I pulled away slowly, remembering we had just met yesterday. This was going to fast. But, I liked it.

We continued to look at each other a few more minutes before he let go of my hand, I felt as though something important had left me.

"I-i have to finish chores before, uh, mom gets home..."

"I'll help" I offered.

I truly wanted to help him.
I couldn't believe my brother would ever hurt him.
Len was to sweet to deserve any pain. Ever. And I would try my best to protect him from any, though I was invisible to everyone except him. But I could at least protect him from Mikuo. Right?