Chapter 14, Rin, meet Rosalie

I woke up.

I didn't remember falling asleep... Oh well.

I got up and got dressed, thinking about what mom and dad had been talking about last night.

Well, there was still the possibility that we weren't twins, but I kinda thought we might be. I had to see him today so I could maybe find out somehow if we were twins.

I went to the bathroom and brushed my hair and teeth and put on a white hair ribbon, tying it into a bow.

I went to the door, I really wasn't hungry and left before mom and dad could stop me. I went to Len's house, and I saw someone leaving.

The person leaving appeared to have short brown hair, and appeared to be in her 30's. She was wearing a red office suit, and I assumed she was Len's mom. Well, maybe not his real mom, I didn't know.

She got in the car and left and I just watched. She looked kinda stern...
I wasn't sure I would like her.

I went to the door and knocked and was a greeted by Len.

"Hey! Rin, right? What are you doing here?"

"Uh, well, I wanted to maybe visit. You wanna go to a restaurant or something? Or do you have plans already, uh, I don't know..."

"Well, I actually have to do chores, and school..." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Its summer though. School is out in summer..."

"It is? Well, not for me then, I dunno"

"Okay. Well, do you need help with chores or anything?"

"Would you want to help?"

"Yeah! I came to visit, and I wanna visit even if it means doing chores. Plus, you shouldn't really be doing a lot after yesterday..."

"Okay, I'm fine though" he said with a laugh.

"I know you say so"

"Yeah, but I actually mean it. Anyway, come in!" He said opening the door further, and I looked around. It looked rather nice.

Well, I mean, there were strange faint red stains on the walls and couch, and stuff to clean up on the tables, counters and floor, but I liked the decor.

"Okay, so what can I help with?" I asked.

"Uh, I mean, would you want to clean counters? Or you don't have to do anything, if you want we could talk while I do everything"

"I can clean counters, and no way I'm allowing that"

He shrugged. "Okay then"

I grabbed a wash cloth off the counter and got it wet in the sink.

"So, why did you come over?" He asked as he started to rinse off dishes and fill the dish washer.

"Well, I just wanted to visit with you, and I guess I'm a little curious..."

"About what?"

"Um, you actually. Curious how your doing after yesterday"

"Oh, I'm fine. It really wasn't that bad"

"It looked bad"

"I know, but it looked worse than it was"

"Good I guess..."

A long awkward silence, but then it was broken by the front door bursting open and we could hear sobbing from the other room making its way to the kitchen.

Len dried his hands on a towel as a little girl, maybe a couple years younger than Len, burst into the kitchen.

She was rather pretty with her reddish brown hair, fair, unmarked skin and large green eyes.

"L-ennnnn! Roger and his stupid friends ditched me!"

She cried, jumping into his arms, not seeming to notice me as she cried on his shoulder.

He gently stroked her hair and calmed her down. I felt a little bit jealous of her, but I shook it off. It's good that this little girl has him as a brother, and it's not like I knew he was my twin yet. I had no right to get jealous.

She wiped the tears from her eyes and looked up, finally noticing me.

"W-who are you?" She asked.